1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-42PX11 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dreamboy, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen that LG has released a new Plasma model that will substitute the MZ-42PZ44. This new model will have some nice features as dual tuner, XD Engine, more inputs and a 3000:1 contrast. I've heard from the seller that the screen technology is from Panasonic.

A was going to buy the previous model, but now I think I will go for the PX11 as I can get it for only 200€ more.

I've looked for information on this display but there's not much information in the Internet. It even still don't appears in the LG web site.

Can somebody give some advice on this? Thanks!

2. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    Dreamboy,

I'm in Hong Kong at the moment, and I've seen the new LG screens, and its a definite improvement over the old LG's.

I have the specs here.

- XD-engine - improves realistic and dynamic images.
    - Base Coordinator which delivers brighter images.
    - Real Cinema - DCDi Faroudja de-interlacing chip.
    - Pixel works - scales the SD image/ low resolution image to HD.
    - Super Detailer - optimize to give a more precise image.
    - Noise Buster -Digital comb filter and emphasize only on image noice.
    - True Colour - adjusts the RGB to give more natural and realistic images.

It also has
    PIP
    Twin Tuner
    Split Zoom - 2/4/9 windows
    Digital LED Window under the screen.
    White Wash - to remove permanent imgae stickings by a full white picture.
    Orbiter - you can move the entire picture by a certain number of pixels clockwise by adjusted minutes to reduce risk of burning cells.
    Inversion - when a image sticking situation occures, you can invert the picture colours on the screen.

RT-42PX10/PX12
    Resolution: 852x480 / 1024x768
    Brightness: 1000cd/m2 / 750cd/m2
    Contrast: 3000:1 / 1000:1
    Sound: SRS TruSurround / BBE 15Wx2
    Interface: DVIx1, RGB in (D-sub 15pin)x1, Componentx2, side AVx1, AVx1

Wasabi

3. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen it as well, looks great, but haven't seen it next to the pannys.

On a dutch website (I am dutch but in indonesia) www.kieskeurig.nl they seem to be quite happy with it, which out problems and a vast imporvement over previous LG's.. Remember any owner will say his or hers plasam looks great though :laugh:

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Panasonic 'technology',that means what exactly? But the new Korean panels are a vast improvement over all previous, it's true. The Hyundai is similar, and only £1800 inc. stand, speakers VAT etc. Reasonable contrast, but it doesn't have the edge that Panasonics have, whatever I mean by that. Panasonic owners will know.

5. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also don't know if the glass is from panasonic or there is just 'panasonic' technology there. I have read that LG and philips now have a joint factory somewhere, but it is NOT unlikely they still buy panels elsewhere just like Samsung has an alis panel and so does sony.

Eventhough, all seem to agree that panasonic is the best, the IS is the keyowrd. I wouldn't write off the likes of LG/Samsung and JVC, because each manufacturer will have better models at different points. Like the LG 42PX10 uses a DCDi chip from faroudja, and if set properly might give better results on a similar glass than other manufacturers using the same glass..

A lot of 'new' plasma's are about to be released in the next couple of months and I wouldn't bet on it that panasonic will stay ahead.. They might though :D

6. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the information Wasabi. I definitely will wait for the new LG model. They have one in the shop and looks great, but I want a brand new one, not the one they have for exhibition, so I will have to wait.

According to the seller this new LG has the previous generation of the Panasonic displays. It this is true is a good news as I think it's a great value for money.

7. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Whats the LG price compared with Panasonic PW6?

Are you looking at the standard panel or HD? As you noticed the HD panel brightness and contrast are not good at all.

Also Samsung has already a couple of months ago released their new generation panels here in HK, not sure if they are in Europe though, I hope so as they actually look great live, in particular the 50 inch, which looked better than the Pana pw6, when I saw it side to side.

The model is PS42P4H - the HD version and the SD version PS42S4S

Very similar specs to LG -
    Brightness 1000cd/m2
    Contrast 3000:1
    DCDi Faroudja chip
    High-Def enhancer - a patented light processing technology
    LuminLIGHT Technology - a patented technology composed of a new cell composition and electrically charged gas (increased from 3 to 5 light surface layers)
    DNIe engine including
    Motion Optimizer that eliminates picture noise
    Contrast enhancer that boost light and shade
    Detail enhancer that sharpens the edges
    Color optimizer that show natural hues
    Advanced Ventilation Sheet that creates a more natural and clear image
    Tru SRS surround
    DVI-D and all the rest of connections
    2 tuners
    50000hours lifespan!

Apart from the famous Panasonic PW6/Pioneer 434 & MXE1:

The Fujitsu P42VHA30ES SD panel is very very good indeed, which many here can confirm, and it has a
    Brightness 1000cd/m
    contrast 3000:1
    DVI-D (HDCP) and all the rest of connections
    3:2 pulldown for real progressive scan
    their famous AVM technology
    But most important a great real picture!

What are the price differences on all those panels mentioned?

Perhaps we can guide you which one is best for the money and ur budget?

Wasabi

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Alas the models and features un Europe are completely different. Little relevance to what's available here.

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sounds to me like LG have bought the PW4/PW5 technology, possibly even the production facilities off Matsu****a Electronics. PS anyone seen the 35" JVC???

10. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Obviously, not an expert like you MAV, HornyDragon, Gordon or Joe ;D
    However, comparing the product leaflets with the UK pdf's

The Fujitsu specs I listed are taken from the UK model, and from Dreamboy's initial spec list, it seems the same as the PX models in HK, although hopefully he can confirm that the specs are the same.

I have the all the product leaflets here by my side, and compared with the UK specs of Pioneer/Panasonic/Hitachi/Fujitsu/Philips and they are the same. LG. Samsungs waiting to launch in Europe. Sony and JVC I will check.

I think different specs are more appearant between the North American models and European.

Anyway, I'll be back in UK in 2weeks, so no more news from HK ;p

Wasabi

11. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am indoneisa amd agree with wasabi, the asia models are 90% similar to the eu or uk models with soem differences, the feature sets are the same 99% of the time.

main differences being, we use normal aduio/video RCA plug where as yo guys get a SCART, but some models here in indonesia even get SCART as well.

The tuner (if present) we get here are usualy multi-systems.

Wasabi I have seen the new Samsungs as well, they look great with the black front and the picture is great to. BE AWARE though one of the new models is an Alis panel !!!!!!!

cheers,

erick

PS wasabi have you seen the new PX300 models of panasonic yet in HK ? also JVC is coming with a new DV4 model to replace the DV2.... I think.

12. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    kacang,

The 2 models I mentioned are not the alis-panels ones, they have 1024x768 and 852x480 resolutions.

Kacang is right about scart and tuner system, otherwise inside they are the same.

Haven't seen the new Pana-PX300, is that a new plasma? If yes, they are totally changing their model names? They are selling the same models here as in UK.

And haven't seen the JVC DV4 yet here either.

Wasabi

13. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wasabi, still confused about the models in japan. I have been told by panasonic Indonesia that they'll be bringing out the PV30 I think un uk they now have a PE30 but on panasonic japan the new viera series are PX300, they have a SD card slot etc etc..

The DV4 is supposed to be the follower of DV2, just saw the DV2 today, I was impressed with they styling and TV looked quite good so did DVD, unfortunately does not have DVI or HDMI... ahh well.. I keep hunting a bit longer for the best...

Let me know if you see something new in HK, that is usually a pretty good indicator that SG and Indonesia will follow soon..

cheers,

erick

14. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    erick,

Are you after a plasma as well?

I'm myself a pj fan as it gives a better VFM, but if I had the money I would of cos add a pdp ;D

I have seen DV2 and it is quite good, but its not enough today in the cutthroat market.

Pioneer's new pdp's should appear in soon in HK.

What is the pricing differences between the brands in SG and what is your requirements/budget erick?

Wasabi

15. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wasabi, yes I am looking for a nice 42" plasma.. I have a TW100 proj. in the mian room, this is for my bedroom.. Time to replace the old 11 year old philips,...

budget is around 4500 us$, I want at least tuner build in but prefer a sep. tuner box, DVI or HDMI and ofcourse great contrast !!!

cheers,

erick
    kacang@cbn.net.id if you wanna PM me.

16. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wasabi,

I'm looking for the standard panel, not the HD one. In fact I didn't know the HD exists and I'm not sure if it's available here in Spain.

The price for the Panasonic vs. the LG is almost TWiCE!!!

The LG cost 3.200€ and the Panasonic is over 5000€. Of course it has better image quality. I noticed a diference with analog TV. But my budget is limited and I think the LG is a great TV.

I included an attached file with the full specs for the RZ-42PX11 that LG sended to me. I think it's very interesting.

What hornydragon said is exactly what I heard from the vendor. He said that LG has buyed the previous generation Panasonic technology and now this is included in this model.

Attached Files:

17. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Crikey mate, you need a holiday here with an estate car! Take home a Panny for 3k euro or thereabouts. Funny really, cos until very recently it was economic for uk retailers to import panasonic from EU countries wholesale, the difference was upwards of 20%

18. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thats true,

Dreamboy, you could get a the latest Panny for roughly LG money, and you would get a 2 year warranty, as Spain has been clever enough to implement the EU directive of minimum 2 year warranty on electrical and white goods, independent where in EU you bought it. But you probably only get a return to base at your Panny distributor(you pay for the plasma to Panny service and return, and not even Panny are total free from problems as you will notice here on the forum) if you have any problems. On that final point, it is up to you whether it is worth that risk and eventual extra costs.

Otherwise, the LG for the money looks very good indeed, not only in paper.

The alternatives:
    - Panasonic TH-42PW6, unfortunately too expensive in Spain.
    - Panasonic TH-PA30 Viera series, not as good as PW6.
    - Pioneer PDP-434HDE again too expensive.
    - NEC 42 panels not up with the best, getting old.
    - Sony KEP-42MRX1/SX1 too expensive and not worth the money.
    - Samsung PS42S4S has improved but still not up with the best, and got a so so score from French Fnac's big test.
    - JVC's new panels not launched outside Japan yet, and we don't get JVC's US models here, a shame.
    - Philips 42pf9966/5, I don't think anyone has bought one yet here, so we don't know the performance really, altough French chain Fnac's big test gave pretty good score to Philips.
    - Hitachi PD-5100/5200/5300, probably the biggest sellers in the world, a really good plasma, but it uses alis technology, which might deter some. What is the price in Spain???
    - Fujitsu P42VHA30ES, what is the price in Spain???

The link to Fnac's test - http://www.fnac.net/telecharg/dossiers_techniques_2004/ecrans_plats_ete2004.pdf

Wasabi

19. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dreamboy,wasabi, I am not sure if the PX10 is the same as the PX11, but I saw the PX10 yesterday with a standard TV feed and next to a samsung P3 and a hitachi panel. The TV picture on the PX10 looked pretty washed out on it, compared to the two others. I would probably go with the viera out of the choices given by wasabi, based on quality for money..

The pioneer still looked the best out of them all, every time I saw it, but tooooo much money..

erick

20. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    erick,

Congratulations to the victory in Euro2004!

Holland had the game, but Sweden could have won it, and it would have been more fun if they did win ;p

Anyway,

Fujitsu may not so commercially sucessful among private consumers because it is not as known as the others, but among the industry market and professional installers, Fujitsu is a leader.

In HK for your budget you can get all 42" models, including the Pioneer 434, Panny pw6, Hitachi 5000 and excellent Fujitsu VA30.

If I would buy in HK and I want DVI/HDMI, I would get either Pio mx01, or wait for new Pio 435 or Panny pw7 and JVC DV4 when it now comes out, since they are all likely to cost max $5600 in a big high street chain, while smaller chops can get it down another 10% easily = under $5000.

The question is what your $4500 will buy in Indonesia? How much is e.g. the Pioneer 434 there? Cheapest price in HK is between $4400 - $4500.

Dreamboy, could you give us the options of what 3500€ will buy you, apart from the LG?

Wasabi

21. melle

melle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  22. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pio 434 runs for around 5800 US$ down here, for 4700 is can get the panny PA20 and hitachi 5000TA (same as 5200 in UK I think).. for about 4100 I can get the JVC DV2. for 5400 I can get the samsung 42S4S.. Fujitsu I haven't checked.. They PW6 is not sold anymore at the moment, I think waiting for the PW7 eventhough I can get a whole set of PW5 and tuner and plug in board for 5500 ...

choices choices,, I am going to wait for sure for the PV30 panny, and a friend of mine who is importer of the optoma brand he is bringing in the optoma PD50 and he said it is marvelous. I might get cost price on that one..

I still can't decide..

I'd like to stay away from alis panels since lots of peopl in US tell me its interlaced and not so good as the panny's.. They look good though everytime I see them. Just saw the fujitsu P42HHA30 (alis also) and it looked great..

I dunno lah,

erick

23. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the comments and information. I see that prices in other countries are much cheaper. The big problem is that in Spain for 3000-3500€ my only option for a 42" plasma is the LG or a few 32" LCD's like the Sharp Aquos.

I'm sure prices will drop here but I need a television soon as I need it for my new house and I still don't have one.

First I started looking for a good CRT TV like a Sony Wega. They I decided to spend a little more and go for a LCD. I found the Sharp Aquos 32" for 2750€ and looked nice.

Then I noticed that I can get the LG plasma for a little more and 42" really makes the difference. But I can't go for the 4000-5000€ models as my initial intention was to buy a 1200€ CRT and I have lots of other expenses with my new house.

You can check some prices for Spain here http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=tre...047&scType=4&page=1&sTree=1&Order_criterio=11

Prices in FNAC are very expensive but you can use them as a reference.

I've been surprised by the prices you can get buying in other contries on the Internet. But I'm very affraid of buying such expense device online.

24. melle

melle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not order it from Katronics( Germany )? Then you get a PW6 including shipping fitting your budget.

Regards Andreas

25. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Forgot that some German retailers ship to EU countries.

For pw6 from German retailers (although not all ship outside Germany) from € 3.299,00 excl delivery

http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/psm_frontend/main.asp?produkt=318959

And for Pioneer 434 from € 4.433,00 excl delivery

http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/psm_frontend/main.asp?produkt=320583

www.redcoon.es which is Spains biggest online retailer I think has the;
    Hitachi PD5100 for 3150euros.

erick, HK prices for plasmas if you buy at smaller shops, not the high street ones are quite good.

Pioneer PDP-434HDE $4200
    Hitachi PD5000TA $3700
    Panasonic TH-42PWD6 $3300
    LG-RT-42PZ70 (the same as px10 but even nicer design) $3300
    Fujitsu P42VHA30TV $3300
    NEC 50XM3 $6000

Wasabi

26. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wasabi,

I've taken a look at the Redcoon web site and it's great. It's from Spain and prices are nice. Much better for some models that I've found in other places.

The only Panasonic I've found there is the Panasonic TH 42 PA 30 for 3.499€ or the TH-42 DW 5 EX for 2.699€ but this in only a monitor and doesn't have a tuner.

Here you can see what's available http://es.redcoon.com/redcoon/produ...akes=69&makes=60&makes=59&makes=103&x=69&y=20

Now I have some more options for my 3.200€ limited budget. Also if I increase it to 3.500€ I can go for a Philips or Sony. Looks very interesting.

27. melle

melle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just like I mentioned....Katronics.de shipp to all EU countries what I know. The Pw6 cost 2999 Euro excl. shipping. Shipping to sweden cost 99 euro...Don´t think it will cost a fortune shipping it to spain. If I was you I´d get in contact with Katronics.de

Regards Andreas

28. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not the shipping price what worries me. I'm afraid of buying expensive and big devices like this through the Internet. I don't know if there can be problems with the payment, delivery, damages...

The price is great and I really liked to buy the Panasonic. But it's more safe for me to go to my local shop and they will set it at home. It's a shame prices are not the same everywhere. :(

29. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hornydragon,

Got back from a plasma specialist in HK. Regarding Panny pw4/5 panels in LG, they said it is not a previous panny panel, its LG's owns new generation ones.

Wasabi

30. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wasabi,

been diggin into fujitsu and specially the VHA30, I found out that the glass is the same as on the PW6 panny, and lots of people do indeed say that there electronics are made inhouse and that the quality is excellent. You mentioned the P42VHA30TV (what are the specs on that) I am looking at the P42VHA30WS, I haven't come across a VHA30 with the last two chars being TV.

PS the price here I got quoted was 4550 with table stand but I haven't bargained yet ofcourse :)

erick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.