LG rz-42px11 or SAMSUNG ps42d4sx

J

JohnBG

Hi, I am in the processing of buying a 42' plasma tv and cannot decide between the LG or the Samsung models mentioned above.

I have no idea on the subget and would like your help. They basicly both sell for the same price (LG is 150 more expensive) and cannot decide. I wish to buy it tommorrow morning to have it for the weekend, could you please help me!?!

John,
I had the Samsung 42v4sx. Do a search here and you will learn a lot.
Don't bother with it, it's a waste of (a lot of ) money.
I don't think the LG is much better, not because I bought one, but only because I've read comments here.
Rush in for a new screen by the weekend and repent at your leisure. :eek:

No harm in buying either of those...just make sure you buy from a reputable retailer or via Distance selling allowing you the benefit of returning them. You may well need to exercise that option ;)

Cheers mate! Perhaps I should delay my decision and really look into this.

Are they really that bad. What are the problem with them? I have been doing some research but there is so much conflicting staff!!!

Best advice is to read the threads, get yourself up to speed, go out there and demo. Then you can buy based on a self-educated basis.

Personally I don't rate the LG at all. It claims to be all things to all people including 3000:1 and 5000:1 contrast simultaneously, cheap and future proof. As with all things that sound too good to be true..... There is a very long LG owners thread here and recent posts on it are a bit of a surprise as some of the keen LG owners have begun/contemplating returning there's. Worrying endorsement of a product.

They do make fridges as well, which can be handy for chilling stuff....joking aside go have a good look before you part with your hard earned cash. :thumbsup:

Ekko Star said:
Best advice is to read the threads, get yourself up to speed, go out there and demo. Then you can buy based on a self-educated basis.

Personally I don't rate the LG at all. It claims to be all things to all people including 3000:1 and 5000:1 contrast simultaneously, cheap and future proof. As with all things that sound too good to be true..... There is a very long LG owners thread here and recent posts on it are a bit of a surprise as some of the keen LG owners have begun/contemplating returning there's. Worrying endorsement of a product.

They do make fridges as well, which can be handy for chilling stuff....joking aside go have a good look before you part with your hard earned cash. :thumbsup:

I have the PX11 and can say that it is a fantastic screen for the price. I have no quality problems with the newer screen i now have and as the newer versions are the only ones likely to be in stock i would say go and buy one.

G Bear is very happy with his and I'd say he is very anal about it (sorry mate but I think so). I am very happy with mine apart from the contrast flicker thing which I might have solved last night (I am anal about it).

I think most peoples problems with this unit (apart from the contrast flicker) are due to poor mpeg from SKY etc. 42" of screen with only 852x480 pixels is low low res and then display a compressed image on it. What do you expect. I sit some 14ft away from the screen and the picture @ times is stunning. Some times the picture is not as good but this will be via a different channel or program.

DVD component quality is brilliant but if I put a badly encoded disk in the picture is rubbish.

What you put in you get out and I sorry but U can't control SKY bandwidth nor peoples encoding.

I would get one as for the money, PQ and inputs it is very very good. If you don't like it or it has some flickering etc. then get a replacement or get your money back.

M

vectrasri99 said:
G Bear is very happy with his and I'd say he is very anal about it (sorry mate but I think so). I am very happy with mine apart from the contrast flicker thing which I might have solved last night (I am anal about it).

I think most peoples problems with this unit (apart from the contrast flicker) are due to poor mpeg from SKY etc. 42" of screen with only 852x480 pixels is low low res and then display a compressed image on it. What do you expect. I sit some 14ft away from the screen and the picture @ times is stunning. Some times the picture is not as good but this will be via a different channel or program.

DVD component quality is brilliant but if I put a badly encoded disk in the picture is rubbish.

What you put in you get out and I sorry but U can't control SKY bandwidth nor peoples encoding.

I would get one as for the money, PQ and inputs it is very very good. If you don't like it or it has some flickering etc. then get a replacement or get your money back.

M

Anal eh? Thanks mate :laugh: . I just know what i like and this is one set that i can proudly say is excellent even compared with screens that cost twice the price

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom