1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-42PX11 and JS RGB VGA Converter

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by vectrasri99, Jan 15, 2005.

1. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone any experience with this and SKY+

Would be very interrested in the results.

M

2. sathelp

sathelp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Do not buy the VGA version, it does not work too well with the PX11 (off center picture). I tried it and had to return it to JS for exchange for a Component version (thanks to JS for a swift turn round and good customer service).

It does clean up the pic quite a bit and I am still testing with a Zinwell brightview to try and get the right settings between them. The Zinwell does a great job of line doubling but the pic is not too hot on the DVI input (solorization). This gives a solid picture where the clean output of the JS still gives a slightly flickery picture (interlaced).

I think it is down to the individuals view of a decent picture and you could spend hundreds of pounds getting no better than the scart input from a sky+ box.

My main gripe though is the audio loop throughs. If you have a scart from the sky+ to AV1 then you can take the sound out of AV2 to the amp (no delay or lip sink problems) and gives you sound from the PIP. If you use component input then you do not get no loop output of the audio and hence no PIP audio! Unless anyone has any ideas????

Still an excellent product though.

3. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that.

M