1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-42PX11 42"... problem?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by greekalien, Mar 25, 2005.

1. greekalien

greekalien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, im new here :clap:
    i recently bought an LG RZ-42PX11 42" plasma screen and i experience a strange prob: when it displays a still image (or a less still, like the playstation 2 bios or a "calm" dvd root menu), after an idle while, the picture gets a bit darker and the colours dont look so alive... but when i press the (tv's) menu button on the remote, the image turns back to normal, and no, there is no screen saver activated, thought the whole situation seems to be something like that!!
    the whole thing occurs after about 5 minutes of idle time and i cant figure out if it gets the same results with a moving picture, since its progressive im not able to find out
    so... is this thing normal or should i get the screen back? :suicide:

2. greekalien

greekalien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the situation gives me a power saving mode feeling but there is no such feature activated :|

3. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    One of my DVD players used to have this sort of "screen saver" experience - may be worth checking that.

Tone

4. greekalien

greekalien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im afraid not... i get this "problem" even from my pc (as an extended desktop from dvi)...
    the only thing i can think of (except a faulty screen) is a power saving feature
    is it? :confused:

somebody help me :lease:

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    there are some very active threads lg threads here, might be an idea to try pm'ing some of the owners?

6. Hitby

Hitby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +521
    My LG does this too, I'm convinced its a screen saving feature, probably that you can't turn off (which is a good thing??)

Cheers
    Dan

7. greekalien

greekalien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank god lol

8. skunk123punk

skunk123punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The only similar occurence of this I have encountered was when I 1st programed my One for All remote. I notcied that when I adjusted the volume the picture went darker and I would have to enter the sky+ menu to get the screen back to it's original state. Although I never found exactly what was being changed to cause this, I found that by changing between RGB out and PAL in the Sky+ menu had a very similar effect. I have since got the correct remote codes so no longer experience the problem.

All I can suggest as a possible fix is to do a factory reset from within the service menu.

Regards

Skunk

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I've mailed LG technical about this, just to check. I suspect they will say it's a 'feature'. They do this with everything else I have mailed them on.