1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-42px II - sky remote code

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by retep, Dec 5, 2004.

1. retep

retep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

anyone know the sky remote code for the - LG RZ-42px II ?
    trying to reduce the amount of remotes i have.

btw. i've tried sky and had no luck - when i got through

2. bazlion

bazlion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Sorry but I can't help with your problem,but I am think of getting one of these, would you let me know what you think of the overall quality of the Plasma, I have a decent Home Cinema sound system, so more interested in Picture quality from Sky etc. Thanks for any info.

3. blued

blued
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I printed off the guide from Digital Spy and was unable to get any of the LG codes to work with my LG plasma.

4. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the codes (used my PDA to get them) but they were not LG ones as I remember. Was around 429 or something so I'll have alook later and post tonight or tomorrow.

How do you program the sky controller as I can't remember?

M

5. retep

retep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bazlion

LG is very good, no complaints, bags of features very good quality and a good price. hey what more do you want?
    i'm not a perfectionist so maybe i'm the wrong person to ask but hey hanging that 42" plasma on the wall and kicking out the old 33" tosh was the best thing i've done

later

6. Hitby

Hitby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +518
    Sorry for bumping, Does anyone have a code that will work with the px11 yet? I've got a rev. 4 Sky (not +) remote if it makes a difference??

Cheers
    Hitby

7. Hitby

Hitby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +518
    Shall I assume there isn't one that works then :)

Dan

8. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I am thinking about buying the LG and when I phoned them the tech bloke said you definatly can't use the sky remote with this TV. Hope this helps.

9. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this
    '4 digit' or 'Brand Set' method
    1. Turn on your TV.

2. Press tv on your Sky remote control.

3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.

5. Key in the Brand Set code for your brand of TV 0056 for LG. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
    If the light blinks once only, re check the code for your TV and start again at step 1.

6. Press the on/off button (power-top right button on your Sky remote control).

If your TV switched off, press select . The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

If your TV did not switch off, press tv , then press the on/off button. Repeat this (press tv , then on/off) until your TV turns off, then press select. This may take a long time.

If the light on your Sky remote control blinks three times, your Sky digibox has checked all the possible settings for the code you used. Check that you have the right 4 digit code and start again at step 1.

Find out which code your remote is using
    This procedure is used to establish which three digit code has been programmed into the Sky Remote.

It is useful to find out which code is being used so that the same code can be re-entered when batteries are replaced or the RCU loses the memory settings for any reason.

1. Press the TV button on the Sky Remote Control Unit.

2. Press and Hold down the Select and Red buttons simultaneously on the Sky RCU until the LED blinks (flashes) twice.

3. Press the numbers 9,9,0 on the Remote Control Unit.

4. Key in 1 on the RCU and count the number of times the LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the first digit of the code.

5. Key in 2 on the RCU and count the number of times the LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the second digit of the code.

6. Key in 3 on the RCU and count the number of times the LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the third digit of the code.Post the code back here

Once the 3 digit code has been identified, the Remote Control Unit can then be reprogrammed using the Direct Set procedure.

10. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried all of these;

065 244 405 318 037 398 191 459 245 389 060 391 137 080 275 0742

11. simon33

simon33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Enquirer,

I just tried the full method you listed and I unfortunately had no luck.

Have any other px11 users tried this?

12. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon did you try all the codes posted above?

13. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm the same :( Tried SKY+ and they said an engineer will phone me tomorrow.... YEH RIGHT :(

14. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    well i gave up and got a one for all kameleon which does the job great of controling the lg (give one for all a call they were great applied all of the functions onto the remote)
    and my sky+ and my av amp.
    what does look cool is when i rewind or fast forward on sky+ the remotes lights spin round the central control keys like the leds on the sky+ box.
    also i now only have to press the on\off button once and it turns the lg on and the sky box (and the surround amp if i want it too) all in one press

15. skunk123punk

skunk123punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes the kameleon is cool but it eats batteries faster than a fast battery eater could. I now use 1900 mAH rechargeable cells and constantly have 2 sets on the go as a fully charged set only lasts around 2 hours, Alkaline lasted a little longer (around 4 hours) but a £4 a throw this was to expensive to run

Skunk

16. Hitby

Hitby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +518
    Aye, still no luck, It would appear then that the PX11 isn't supported, what is amusing though is that my el cheapo Yamada dvd recorder is on the same flippin frequency so I can't use that remote as it ends up turning my tv off when I press select HAHA. Anyone want to buy a dvd recorder component/progressive scan £80!!! :p The sky remote thing tbh doesn't bother me that much but er indoors is stir crazy 'bout it :)

Cheers
    Dan

17. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    hey skunk.
    open up the one for all and ul see a metal case marked sw1 on the circuit board. desolder one end and it will disable the movement sensor. the batteries will last around a month and half.