1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-32LZ50... again!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by fdave, Jun 20, 2005.

1. fdave

fdave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys!

Had a search on the forums and found there has been a bit a chat on the forums about this LCD TV, the LG RZ-32LZ50, some skating close to the problem I'm having but not quite...

Anyway - here is my trouble, it is permanently stuck on widescreen with no way to get it out!
    Originally when I got it, pressing the ARC button would swtch between 16:9, 14:9, 4:3, Auto and Zoom.
    Now when I press the ARC button, 16:9 shows on the screen, but repeated pressing just does nothing, it's permanently stuck on 16:9, making heads generally a bit fat. :thumbsdow

The LG support line is so far, pretty bad, after going back a forth a few times, over the course of a few weeks now, I eventually got an e-mail back telling me (you'll love this) to "Press the ARC button".
    For the full hilarity read here: http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?t=38521 !

Some other settings are stuck on as well, for example PSM (stuck on User), Contrast (stuck on 80), Brightness (stuck on 50), Colour (50), Sharpness (71).

Any ideas at all would be gladly accepted! The service menu is accessable by pressing the Menu key for a few seconds, but sadly doesn't seem to do very much. There are various settings and a 3 digit code at the bottom (e.g. ON/ON/ON/ON/ON/OFF/ON/ON 223 - which seems to be a bitfield 11011111=0xdf = 223) but there is
    no way to change it.

What I really need is some kind of way to reset the TV to it's Factory Settings, because the software is clearly broken. Any ideas?!

2. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi Dave - we sometimes get a similar 'hanging-up' prob with our Grundig LCD. It won't switch between the various inputs (TV/Composite/PC/S-video/Component) and theres no way out. The only answer for us is to whip out the supply lead, wait a few moments and then plug it back in. It always clears it... until the next time... :mad:

3. fdave

fdave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Already tried - had it turned off at the plug overnight. It was still broken :rolleyes:
    eek

The only hope I have left, other than Tech support (which looks less than promising!) is the RS232 cable, or just taking the thing back to Dixons.

Are there different firmwares or something? Is there a way to tell if you have a buggy firmware installed?

4. asteveerials

asteveerials
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have to disconect the mains lead completely.