1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RZ-32LZ50 32in LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ghorricks, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ghorricks

ghorricks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reading : LG RZ-32LZ50 32in LCD TV Review February 2005

I noticed it wasn't HD compat.
    Then after browsing through the forums, I noticed that it was HD compatable, but only via the DVI socket and that it only used progressive scan at a low resolution... which made it not HD compat.

So - There must be users of this LCD TV out there that have clicked on this link and know more info, so please add comments about this LCD so that others can make a decision on whether or not to Buy.

I've found it at PRC for £850 and have placed an order, but as no-one can yet say if it will support Sky HD fully in it's bestest bestest best mode, I'm a little concerned about letting the order stand.

I've emailed LG to complain that the PDF manual isn't available online, and expect a reply later today, but there are probably users who can answer the progressive scan questions right now...

Which modes does it support through the various inputs?

What HD devices have you connected up to try these modes?

Is the picture quality as good as the magazine reviews state?

All the threads on this model appeat to replicate a dog chasing it's tail, but I cannot see why - unless there is no user out there who has tried hooking up this LCD TV to a true HD output.

The XBOX has HD output, and if there is nobody that helps me, I'll end up buying it and hooking up my XBOX with a HD game to the unit and let you all know myself... I'll need an XBOX HD lead though - does anyone know a place to pick one up?

I think these questions are all I have at the moment, but no doubt I will find a few more.

Thanks for any help that you give and I hope to be able to clear up the fog on this LCD TV when I get mine... I'll push this LCD to the limits.

Gavin

2. ghorricks

ghorricks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just been on the telephone to LG and they have guarenteed me that this model IS fully HD compatable

They are sending me a manual via email and also will answer the question regarding progressive scan (I will upload the manual and post a link), but as the technical bod at LG pointed out - The DVI socket is digital and therefore will support progressive scan upto the maximum resolution on the TV - which I guess makes sense.

This information - confirms that the LG RZ-32LZ50 supports the following:

1280x720p (DVI if not component -we'll see)
    A DVI socket that supports HDCP

If we can get further information confirming the prog scan on the component video then we have the definitive answer regarding the High Definition compatability of this model

YAY!

The magazines reviewed this model too soon, as LG were updating the software for the unit - and thus gave it just 3 out of 5... Which brought the price down... this makes us think it isn't quite right, but for those that have one, they know of the quality, perhaps giving it a 4 out of 5 now.

A review will be posted once I have the unit in my possesion and have tested it fully.

Gavin