Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LG RI-28CZ10RX - common problem?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Bigzed, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Bigzed

Bigzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have had my LG RI-28CZ10RX for a year and a half now and today when I switched it on the picture came on for a minute or two then slowly greyed out to a black screen. I still get sound but no picture. Anyone know if this is a common fault with this set? How much it might cost to fix?

Bit aggreived that its decided to bust 6 months after the 12 month warrantry :( Anyone had any luck with LG paying up even though its not within the 12 months?

Cheers for any help.

2. zoodemon

zoodemon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'll post the problem i'm having first:

Hi, i have a 2 year old Lg ri-28cz10rx tv which is out of warranty has started behaving erratically. The picture becomes momentarily brighter, and then darkens until black. It occasionally comes back on, with a reversal of the previous process. Dark to light in a steady action. Sound is not affected, just picture. I have checked all leads, and sources, but the tv is the problem. I have brought up the on screen display whilst the picture darkened, to see if the picture components/settings were changing but they remained static. Do you know what the problem is, and can it be easily/cheaply repaired?

Did you manage to find out what was up with yours? if so how much did it cost you? thanks

3. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    That could quite easily be a dry joint on the line output transformer heater supply pins and should be relatively inexpensive to fix.
    Best to call in a local engineer.