1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RH7900H a few questions..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gerchek, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Gerchek

Gerchek
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    new to forums but just signed up as some good opinions seem to be given by people...therefore I thought I'd ask a question..or two !

1) When is the LG RH7900H coming out as it's on the UK website but doesn't seem to be sold anywhere.
    2) People seem to rate the LG as pretty poor, is this for a reason?
    3) Has anybody used the LG RH7900H as it seems to have everything that will future proof it, (well, at least for a couple if years!)

I'm looking for something to edit camcorder stuff, play back DivX files, connet to a future plasma, (HDMI equiped), and take stuff off Sky +..
    a Big ask, and that's why the LG seemed to fit the bill..

thanks for geting this far,
    Vince

2. Gerchek

Gerchek
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: not even one reply...?

3. ~Voltron~

~Voltron~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    depends what features that you are looking for primarily.
    The LG has a pretty easy interface with a 'Home' button that allows you to jump between each mode simply, and the playlist for MP3 is cool.
    It plays DVD's, MP3's and DivX well and supports most memory cards.
    The HDMI great, but I don't believe that it upscales, so a good set of component leads should be pretty close. It does have it's faults too, for example you can't copy data files onto memory card of disc from the HDD.
    Othe than that it's features match that of the other brands such as Timeshift, dual layer etc... It's worth a look into.

Hope this helps.

4. Petrushka

Petrushka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you're merely concerned about the connector then the LG will do fine as it does have HDMI connectivity. However, having said that, you should note that it does not support HiDef. The max resolution, even through HDMI, is only 576p. This is the same as any (better) DVD/HD recorder with component out. If you want the "reel thang" for your future plasma then consider to wait until recorders are available which have HDMI and support a decent picture like 720p or better.