LG RH4820 vs Panasonic DMR-E85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bluemonday, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bluemonday

bluemonday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I've been looking at DVD/HDD recorders for a while now, and have come down to a choice of these two.

There's only a couple of queries I have really... Firstly, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the LG? I can find very little information about it, though it seems from the specs to be a fairly decent machine and the build is quite good.

The Panasonic looks good, and the specs are good and it gets good reviews everywhere. My partner has one concern though. We have a Panasonic SL-DT100/SA-DT100 dvd player/amp/speaker system, and want to make sure that the remote controls wouldn't interfere with each other. I think it would drive us mad if the control for one switched the other on and vice versa.

Any thoughts? Is there any good reason to get one over the other?

2. nypdblue

nypdblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I've had the LG RH4820 for a month now and have been extremely impressed to a point, the record quality on the hard drive is excellent, also likewise on DVD though you are limited to a good 2 hour quality and a fairly poor 4 hour to copy a film onto DVD.

The features on this model are endless, the timeslip function is brilliant and you can archive upto 7 hours viewing and record any part that you've already viewed, also the editing functions are excellent.

My only concern is that as with my last model LG 4912 it developed a lip synch problem and one month into using this model a simliar problem has occured, so it's back to the store again. I don't no if it's just bad luck on my behalf or a problem others have also encountered.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    They shouldn't do - but if they do there is a simple menu option to set it to a different setting.