1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RH4820 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Haggis1, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Haggis1

Haggis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased an LG4820 recorder ( probably a mistake ), and have a slight problem with it. The main reason for getting it was to transfer my DV tapes to DVD, however when I try to record using the ilink connection, the machine won't record ! Does anyone have any idea why it wont work ?
    The DV camera is a Panasonic one, quite old, but it works ok when I plug it into the computer, so Im a bit confused as to why the LG isn't happy.

2. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got a 4810 from R***r S***s, probably very similar. Mine refuses to record from air with timer when the DVD is formatted in video mode. It has to be VR mode then it works fine. May be worth checking out.

If I delete any recording other than the last recorded one in VR, it screws the disc up. Apart from these temperamental features, its fine.

john

3. Haggis1

Haggis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It records ok from the TV or Satellite, its just the DV source that wont record. I will play with it some more.