LG RH188HS Multi Region Hack?

S

SunChaser

Hi all,

Having problems making this DVD recorder multi region! I have tried (to death) the suggested setup/lock/7x0 sequence but no matter what I do I cannot get it to work.
The frustrating thing is that other people seem to be able too OK!

Anyone here have experience with this hack and can point me in the right direction? For example, should I be pressing the 0 key at a certain speed or balancing on my middle finger whilst doing it?

Failing that, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

Sunchaser

Strange the Hack will not work for you.

When you scroll to Lock you just Need to Highlight it not select it

You may be already doing This ...just confirming that is all

Hope this Helps

Hackeroonie

Thanks for the reply Hackeroonie. This was something I was doing, so I guess all I can do is keep on trying, it may work eventually! I'm wondering if it is worth reseting it and starting again, without the aerial leads plugged in and channels selected...clutching at straws really.

Hi!
I have one LG RH188HS and i need to find a crack to record DVD's to my HDD can some one help me giving me the links?

Thanks in advance

I don't know the difference between this machine and the RH188S but the lock hack doesn't work on mine which is a RH188S

OK, after trying every hack for LG machines on the planet, my RH188HS is finally unlocked!

If the 7x0 handset hack doesn't work on your 188HS, try downloading the file found on this site:

http://lgregionfree.tripod.com/2005/menu1.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and click the link marked NEW RH1000 SERIES HACK and download the file. Unzip it and burn the RMTM0000 file to a CD, making sure it is a DAO closed burn. Put this disc in the player, press home, select movie and disc. The disc plays and a menu appears allowing the region change. Press enter when it's done.

This didn't change anything else like firmware and is easily confirmed by pressing set up, TV Aspect, 16x9, then 1397139 and enter on the remote. Firmware version and region code is then displayed. If all is well region code will be zero, or whatever you set it too!

:thumbsup: Hi new to the forum did a google search to try and Unlock my new RH177 so that I could play my region 1 dvd's. Tried all the remote control hacks with no success and used your link, burned the disc and my recorder is now region free. Thanks!!!
OK, after trying every hack for LG machines on the planet, my RH188HS is finally unlocked!

If the 7x0 handset hack doesn't work on your 188HS, try downloading the file found on this site:

Scroll down to the bottom and click the link marked NEW RH1000 SERIES HACK and download the file. Unzip it and burn the RMTM0000 file to a CD, making sure it is a DAO closed burn. Put this disc in the player, press home, select movie and disc. The disc plays and a menu appears allowing the region change. Press enter when it's done.

This didn't change anything else like firmware and is easily confirmed by pressing set up, TV Aspect, 16x9, then 1397139 and enter on the remote. Firmware version and region code is then displayed. If all is well region code will be zero, or whatever you set it too!

Oh for simple hacks - this is really frustrating.

I've not been able to get this to work on my LG RH177. I've burned the folder RMTM0000 onto both CD-R and DVD+R (as DAO closed), but all the recorder does is tell me it is a data disc and there is no video.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? The original ppt is unclear and suggests other files are needed.

Thanks

Dur! I think I didn't unzip through enough folders. It has worked, and I now own a region-free LG RH177 DVD/HDD recorder. Hurrah!

I've tried all the above hacks on my LG RH-1777 but still no luck - I was advised the same ones would work on it. Does anyone out there have any ideas? The pressing 0 7 times didn't work either.

try downloading the file found on this site:

I've heard this "trick" works, but unfortunately that link doesn't. I have RH188S, and would very much appreciate it if anyone could post a link that (currently) works or offer an alternative solution.

BTW, I've tried the "power on - open tray - press 0 seven times" way but it didn't work.

I've heard this "trick" works, but unfortunately that link doesn't. I have RH188S, and would very much appreciate it if anyone could post a link that (currently) works or offer an alternative solution.

BTW, I've tried the "power on - open tray - press 0 seven times" way but it didn't work.

Has anybody found out where i could get this file ???:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom