Lg renior or nokia 5800

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by kissit2004, Feb 8, 2009.

1. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya gang,

i am looking for some help and some advice.i am looking to purchase a new mobile as my one has given up the ghost.

the phones in question are the LG RENIOR OR THE NEW NOKIA 5800.

i know the lg has a 8mp camera compared to nokias 3.2mp ans so on.i have allways had nokia but i dont know to change or to stay with them.

cheers folks stevo.

2. Naqv

Naqv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Lg is known to be very buggy and have buggy sofware. If you can live with that, then go for it.
    Hardware wise, it is a good phone.

Personally, I would go for the 5800.

Samsung Pixon is good (I would choose Pixon over 5800 is it wasn't for no wifi), but has no wifi.

3. ianeb

ianeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +989
    I bought a Nokia 5800 to replace my Renoir.

The Renoir is a good phone but some aspects of it are SO annoying. Texting can be the most annoying thing ever, the camera uses far too much on board processing and ruins the pictures, its slow, the menu's are boring, the themes are boring you can not download any apps for it...

On the plus side the camera can take nice pictures especially outside if you get the setting right, the video recorder is very good, it's for the bst part easy to use, the OS is pretty stable if at times a bit slow, screen is nice and clear.

Personally I think the 5800 is a better phone because it just works. Everything is simple, I like the familiar Nokia menu's etc and the touch screen is more responsive that the LG.

Give em both a try :smashin:

4. xpcontact

xpcontact
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nokia 5800 Vs LG Renoir

Is not easy to define which phone is the best, you need always to check what you are looking as design or what it suit you as application...I believe Nokia 5800 in a way is a good choice for
    - Size
    The iphone is bigger in size and uneasy for one hand grip. Nokia 5800 is designed to fit well into your hands.
    - Screen Resolution, has 3.2” but the resolution of 5800. Nokia 5800: 640 by 360
    - Storage, Nokia has a flexible option to offer 8GB with micro SD card which is expandable upto 16GB. Nokia owners can expand memory size according to needs which other phones guys can’t do.
    - Features, Nokia 5800 Tube has no such issues plus many more amazing features included.
    - Camera, Nokia 5800: 3.2 MP, Flash, 3x digital zoom with Carl Zeiss lens. A second camera in front is available
    - Web Browser, Nokia 5800: Webkit based browser, supports flash lite.
    - FM Radio, Nokia 5800: Available
    - Bluetooth, Nokia 5800: Bluetooth available for handsfree and file sharing is possible. Better audio quality on
    - Price Nokia 5800 is hopefully unlocked (without any contract) and you can cheap in UK up to £21 at YellMann auction.
    And now about the LG Renoir - modern art, The LG Renoir can be summed in one very easy phrase: it's like the Viewty, but better. You get the same
    brilliant touchscreen interface, the same sleek looks, and all the gubbins that made its predecessor so nice. But you get a much better camera on the LG Renoir. as in an 8 megapixel camera, making it better than the vast
    majority of mobile phones in the world. Backed up by built-in GPS, HSDPA internet access (up to 7.2Mbps) and a superb little multimedia player, the LG Renoir is one of the nicest mobile phones currently on the market. You can win LG REnoir for less £15 if you are lucky in entertainment shopping store.