LG reliability - extended warranty

catflap2

Standard Member
Reaction score
we’ve had three 32” LG LCDs that have never had any problem over the last 6 or 7 years.

Just wondering what the current LED TVs are like? Got the option of a 5 year LG warranty if I buy from an authorised dealer but the set is cheaper elsewhere but just comes with the standard 12 month warranty. At what point is it a “no brainier” to spend the extra or are today’s sets still just as reliable and most issues will occur in the first 12 months.

My thinking is

For £50 or less take the 5 year warranty

Once it’s north of £100 then it becomes questionable

But of course the dilemma exists between these two and that’s right where I am at the moment.

Any ideas or experiences?

Shop at richer sounds and 6 year warranty comes as standard there. No extra cost......

^^^^

Shop at richer sounds and 6 year warranty comes as standard there. No extra cost......

That wasn’t quite the question...

So if richer sounds are £100 more expensive than another retailer and they won’t price match do you still buy it from them?

And the second point, are TVs still pretty reliable in general and how to LG stack up in comparison to other manufacturers

That wasn’t quite the question...

So if richer sounds are £100 more expensive than another retailer and they won’t price match do you still buy it from them?

And the second point, are TVs still pretty reliable in general and how to LG stack up in comparison to other manufacturers

If you've found someone selling LG sets that cheap then by all means please let the rest of us know......

Dilemma solved.....

Authorised dealer dropped price today so the benefit of the 5 year warranty cost me just £3 more!

What is it costing extra to buy from Richersounds with the 6 year warranty? Absolutely nothing, because the price is the same (or cheaper) from Richersounds than other places that don’t give you a warranty(beyond the 12 months).

But seems like you’ve found a good deal already.

In regards to reliability, our LG 4K 49” UF770V LED has been spot on in the 4/5 years we’ve had it. It’s still serving us well so ive got no need to buy a new tv yet. In fact it’s still under warranty with Richersounds anyway, but if it goes out of warranty and breaks, I’d definitely buy another LG, for reliability, picture quality, and the software on the tv coupled with the magic remote.

I’m not quite sure where this crazy obsession with richer sounds is coming from, that was never part of what I thought was a pretty simple question.

In this instance I’m looking at a 2018 model, richer sounds no longer have any so they ARE NOT an option and never been in the equation regardless of what they might once have sold this set for.
All I was trying to get was a feel for is how reliable are LG TVs in general these days and how much roughly is it worth paying for 5 years warranty given the cheapest I could get the tv only came with 1 year.

Anyway as mentioned the TV is now ordered and due on Wednesday. Happier with the 5 years cover but hope of course I’ve wasted my 3 quid and I don’t need to use it :). Think it’s a pretty good deal but I really need to stop checking prices now as I know it’ll probably drop another £100!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom