LG RE44SZ21RD Update!!

W

webmelanie

Right - just so you know, my 18 months LG DLP did the flashing orange thing etc etc. Now the workshop have had it for one week so far and no call, so we called them. They said that they have had the TV on for 3 days so far and cant make it fault at all?! I replied that the engineer came round and could not fix it so he sent it to the workshop. Its great with us, said the workshop man, we have been watching it for 3 days and we love it?! He will be returning it soon for just the callout charge (of £53 which we have paid already). Now we are really baffled and wondered if perhaps this TV just needs a ride in a van every 18 months to keep it working? :rolleyes: They will be calling me to return it and then they come back and set the thing up again. Let's just hope it works when it gets here......Strange eh?!

Loose solder joint, shaken back into place by the movement. Perhaps.

Lion,

Sorry to hear about your set. Hope it gets sorted soon. Have you got it under warranty?

Me - I've emailed Empire Direct as I've decided not to wait for it to go pop which will inevitably be after I've had it for a year. Have asked them to come and look at it because of the delay in it switching on sometimes (and the strange noises it makes when there is a substantial delay). Oh, and it did that thing last week where it comes on but the screen is a nice shade of blue all over (which unfortunately is the colour you went I should think when yours did the flashing orange thing!)

Let me know how you get on eh? Here's hoping you can get them to change the board and lamp if it's under warranty as this seems to be where the issue lies from what I've read. I'm hoping I can get Empire Direct to do the same. Without these components being changed I'm sure it'll die soon. Either that or I will - it feels like a game of Russian Roulette everytime I switch it on (will it - won't it??)

Cheers,
Blasthand.

webmelanie - what's the latest with your set? Heard anything back from them as to the cause at all?

FWIW I have an engineer from Empire Direct coming on Wednesday morning to have a peek at our set. Having described the symptoms (long time to switch invariably, sometimes all blue when it does, concave screen etc) the infamous words "sounds like it'll have to come in..." were uttered. They also informed me that should it need a new board these have to be ordered as they're not a stock item.

Oh well, here's hoping they'll agree to change the board and hopefully turn it around in a reasonable time-frame...

Cheers,
Blasthand.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom