Lg Re44sz21rd Poor Picture

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by INITRAM, Apr 25, 2007.

1. INITRAM

INITRAM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently my son was given the above mentioned tv by a friend of his because the lamp had gone. My son saw the tv working a few weeks ago and he said that the picture quality was very good.

He bought a new lamp from ebay and fitted it. Now some areas of the picture look very very bright and these areas look a little bit like a whicker effect close up.

He has traied various settings bit cannot seem to resolve the issuse.

Any ideas have would be much appreciated.

PS I think that he has tried using what are known as the engineers settings and the normal tv setting for picture quality etc

2. Jonathan James

Jonathan James
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a difficult problem to resolve since LG never listed the factory setting in full. The best advice that I can give is to go into the engineers mode (with the tv on - push and hold the menu button on the TV and remote).

Reset the bulb (menu item 14) back to zero hours

Scoot down to menu item 15 and return the TV to the default settings

Go back into the menu item 2 DDP1010 and adjust the picture settings to liking - GAMMA Table should usually be 2 and the brightness +/-6 from the zero position.

Finally use the regular menu to make fine adjustments to colour, brightness and contrast. The sharpness can be set low.

I also suggest that you make sure that the TV is in RGB mode which is AV1 and use a program that you are familiar with - Digital BBC News 24 have consistent colours & great skin tones which will really help. Otherwise an analogue news broadcast will do the trick (try to avoid C5).

You can also make use of the THX set up functions to test brightness, contrast, colour and aspect & screen size. If you use a DVD player with progressive scan connected via the composite connections the TV will display1080i in either PAL or NTSC formats.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

JJ