Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LG RE44SZ21RD High Def compatibility

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by zachary3001, Aug 10, 2005.

1. zachary3001

zachary3001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Newbie to AV Forums so please be gentle!
    (been lurking for a couple of months though).

The question to those in the know is this; Sky has posted on their HD mini-site that HD broadcasts can be accessed through a Component Video connection if the native resolution of the display is 1080/25 or 720/50, rather than through the more conventional DVI or HDMI connections.

If this is the case can my LG RE44SZ21RD DLP RPTV display HD signals as it states on the connection panel 1080/720 by the component connectors? :confused:

BTW, really happy with the LG display, :thumbsup: had it for over 18 months (Jan 04) and wow'ed my mates with the colour & clarity (some of whom have 42" plasma's). Will freely admit the contrast ratio's not the best, but Hey! not all of us can afford the megabucks, carlos fandango, latest plasma/LCD!

Cosmo.

PS. Saving my pennies for a Sagem HD-D56 DLP RPTV, may have just fallen in love! For God sake don't tell the Missus!

2. Baldgit33

Baldgit33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The early Sky HD boxes will have a component input and so your set will be able to display the downscaled signal. I have also have an LG RE44SZ21RD, It is SD not HD but HD material looks pretty good on it. I have played WMVHD clips from my pc and they are much better than anything from Sky/Freeview and superior to DVD. Try them yourself from www.wmvhd.com the files are huge ! Have you seen the demo's at Currys on a Sagem HD the LG is not quite as good but not far off. As for how good Sky HD broadcasts will be , who knows.

3. zachary3001

zachary3001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, all good to know.

The LG been a good buy will wait to see High Def through SKY before deciding to upgrade to the SAGEM HD-D56. (plus it'll give me a chance to save up for it too!!).

Cheers,

Cosmo.

4. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043

us dlp owners dont wouldnt touch expensive plasma's/lcd's ;)