1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG re44sz20rd

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wantsomefun23, Jul 29, 2003.

1. wantsomefun23

wantsomefun23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know whether this tv suffers from screen burn like other rear projections?:confused:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to specs on empiredirect, it's DLP projection... no chance of screen burn.

However it's DLP, so you could see the rainbow effect - causes migraines etc.

3. Pertila

Pertila

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read owner manual (you can find it from LGEnordic.com) and there is clearly said:

"Avoid having a fixed image remain on the screen for long period of time. Typically a frozen still picture from VCR, 4:3 picture format or if a CH labels is present; the fixed image may remain visible on screen."

I was very confused becouse everybody said that DLP rptv:s are free from burn-in problem. So i send mail to LG and got following answer today:

"Hi XXX I don´t now were you have read that DLP RPTV:s are totaly free from burn-in problem beacuse that is totaly wrong. It´s only normal CRT and LCD tv that are totaly free from burn-in problem. Same for every brand. B.R. XXXXX"

So according the manufacturer DLP rptv's does suffer burn-in!

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    That's a new one on me..... Normal CRTs definitely suffer burn in, although, mainly due to the lower brightness levels they need to produce per sq in of tube surface (compared to CRT RP) it takes longer to occur.

I suspect that whoever wrote this hasn't a clue........(typical of many customer service front line peeps in many organisations).

5. wantsomefun23

wantsomefun23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which kind of tv would you recommend as I don't want a standard 36" widescreen as they are too deep.

I have cable tv box and am concerned that the channel logos in the corner of the screen will burn in (My children watch the same channel all the time). I don't want to spend £2000 on a tv to have it ruined by channel logos within a few hours of me purchasing. I have been told that rear projections take about 6 hours to burn an image in.

I am not up with home cinema technology ( probably because I'm female! LOL ) so would appreciate any help on this.

What are plasma's like? How often before I would have to regas and approximatly what is the cost of regassing? I have been told that the quality of plasmas deteriorates over time and that to keep the fantastic image it would have to be regassed every 2 years at a considerable cost.

6. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plasma is supposed to suffer screen-burn quicker than any other display type.

IMO Plasmas are quite expensive- taking into account price per inch. For example, a 42" good quality Plasma is about £2700. You can buy a LCD or CRT Projector for that- and can easily project a 6' or 8' screen. And once you go into a 50" Plasma- £5500 (very nice PJ's at this price!)

If you're really worried about screen burn, consider a LCD projection (ie rear or front projection) - as Nigel is correct that LCD technnology doesn't suffer from screenburn.

CRT PJ's can also suffer from screen burn, but I've seen them left in DVD menu's for hours at a time with no effect on the tubes.

I have a CRT RP; no screen (yet) although I never watch a channel with a logo.

7. wantsomefun23

wantsomefun23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks, where can I find CRT rear pro's.
    Which manufacturer has the best. I am looking at a 36" screen or bigger. Is the viewing angle on these bad?