1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RE-44SZ21RD is it any good ???? Help

Discussion in 'TVs' started by steveandlisabro, Apr 11, 2005.

1. steveandlisabro

steveandlisabro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this tv at a bargain price of £999 in Comet, but is a good one. or should I opt for something else. will I get the Rainbow with this one or bluring?

Thanks

Steve

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,509
    No. :)

Hi Lion :hiya:

look at the LG thread in the forums.

3. cmt

cmt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    A bit unfair to say 'no'. Its all relative. Some people have nothing but trouble / or are not satisfied, no matter what they buy.

There a quite a few people who are enjoyng this set and it is being trouble free (so far). Its horses for courses - the LG, for me anyway, looked a better buy than a £1k plasma panel.

cmt

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,509
    No no no..... :)

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    Just to put it into context, Razor has pretty well slated everything made by LG in the other thread as being only suitable for "average joes" (I think that was the phrase). I can't say I agree with this position. There do seem to be some genuine issues with some models not wanting to stay "on". This may well be a genuine fault, but I'm afraid Razor's more general distaste for this brand is probably unjustified. I recommend you take a look for yourself.

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,509
    LV426.... My no no no quote was half advice and half a bit of fun.

My offical position on LG is as follows.

I know LG make good pc components, no arguements there, they probaly do make good aircon units as well as microwaves etc....

What I dont think LG do is top quality AV gear. I think they are more suited and aim their product range at the lower to mid end of the AV market with their top AV products scraping the middle sector. (Average Joe sector)

If you are looking for a cheap dvd player, lcd screen for the kitchen or bedroom or any other secondary product then LG could or might suit your needs.

What I wouldnt recomend is building a Home cinema of any quality around their range, ie. LG TV, Speakers, AMP, dvd player as you will be sorely disapointed.

With regards to the LG 44' DLP set the, main reasons for not recomending it is that there is no HDMI or DVI connection which renders it useless for HDTV from Sky or HD DVD. To miss out on HD when you have a screen capable of dislplaying the HD resloution would be a crime in it self.

HD is what these DLP sets are all about, the picture difference of HD to SD is incredible. I personally think when HD is availible in under 12 months time you would regret your purchase no mater how good a deal it seems. You have to ask yourself why is this set so cheap?

BTW as LV426 said some LG44 have a on/off switch problem. Not all only some. :)

Oh and if I was a bit strong in the other thread about my feelings towards LG it was only to see how someone would defend it.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: most amusing :smashin: cheers

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,509
    Lion your my hero :D

8. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to compare the LG to other sets costing the same price.
    If you do demo any DLP set make sure you see how well it fares with Skin tones on the main TV channells maybe go down comets when eastenders is on to check it out.