LG RE-44SZ21RD - Broken or Am I Missing Something?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mckee74, Jan 1, 2007.

1. mckee74

mckee74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    Hello all. I am looking for some advice please.

Basically, I have a 42" LG RE-44SZ21RD. I've had it for around 15 months. I did buy it from Cash Converters so guessing may have been a refurb model at the time. It has worked like a joy until today (good way to start the year).

On switching the TV on it powers up as normal and the picture comes on. After about five seconds, the picture dissapears. The sound remains though until then around ten seconds later it turns itself onto stand by.

I'm guessing it may be the lamp but the TV's own indicators that a new lamp is required are not going off. I have checked everything. The TV isn't overheating and there isn't anything obviously wrong. Anyone have any ideas at all? Does it sound like the lamp is going - I'm guessing not gone as ultimately the picture is coming up once initially switched on? Has anyone heard of this kind of problem on this, or another model? Any comments would be very gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance, and happy new year everyone.

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Moved to rear pro :)

3. Lion

Lion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    could it be the cooling fan that's clapped out ?
    if so that may let the set start up before the lamp gets switched off to stop it overheating ?