1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG RE-44SZ21RD and XBOX. Help needed

Discussion in 'TVs' started by diosif, Mar 23, 2005.

1. diosif

diosif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to all. I am new to the forum and to the Big screen world. As it is expected I have some questions. So my first one is:

I have the XBOX console and currently I connect it to RE-44SZ21RD by the standard av cable provided. That means a yellow RCA video out. I want something better so I considered the following

The Xbox™ Advanced SCART Cable connects the console to TVs equipped with a SCART input terminal and enables RGB video signals for improved video output. This cable also provides a digital output for use with digital audio receivers.(text from Microsoft site, www.xbox.com)

The Xbox High Definition AV Pack connects the console to most TVs with interlaced component video inputs including high definition ready TVs that support 480i and either 480p, 720p or 1080i component video signals. Look for HDTV support on Xbox game packages. Movie playback is in 480i only.(text from Microsoft site, www.xbox.com) This is available only in US but I suppose I can order it.

So would my TV set connect the Hi definition cable or should I buy the other one? Also, what is the "Digital Ready" logo on my TV?
    Thank you in advance...

2. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hi mate i doubt you will see much diffence between the two unless you have a chipped or ntsc usa xbox that is capable of outputting high def.

3. horribleman

horribleman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    In my opinion it is definitely worth using component (the Xbox hi-def pack) over RGB Scart on this TV.

You can pick up the Game own brand Xbox component cables for £9.99

RGB gives a lot of colour bleed with games consoles on a TV this big, component is crystal.