1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG R132CZ10RX - Any comments?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by douglasgrant, May 28, 2003.

1. douglasgrant

douglasgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm in the market for a 32" widescreen telly and have recently received my monthly magazine from Sky. Usually it goes straight in the bin, but this time I flicked through it and noticed that Sky are selling TVs, Videos etc. They're selling the LG R132CZ10RX for 400 quid, which seems really cheap for a 32" set. I've tried hunting round the web for info on this model, with little success. I can't even find it listed on the LG website. :confused:

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of this model. It seems too good to be true, so probably is.

Cheers guys.

Doug

2. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you go onto "Pricerunner.com" go to tv's, then,use the filter to select 32" widescreen, you will get a list of retailers and the prices,there are several around that price inc delivery, the cheapest one though is from QED,but it is listed seperately as a CX, not CZ, looks identical.

Also on comparestoreprices.co.uk, large televisions, there are 2 users reviews, one says it's good, the other has had 2 tubes go his.

One other thing it's not a pure flat but a very flatish curved screen.

I was thinking of one myself as it is comparatively small width wise 817 I think, not much bigger than most 28"

3. douglasgrant

douglasgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks tobydog

I really don't know what to do about this. Ideally, I'd like to be able to see the set for myself before taking the plunge, but I don't know of any place the stock them.

Problems, problems.

Doug

4. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again.

I've seen the 28" in Argos, picture looked as good as any of the other sets they had on display.

PS. there are details of it on the lg site, it's under the Conventional tv icon, which actually looks like the set itself.

5. douglasgrant

douglasgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see from the Argos web site that they have the 32" model, but they're selling it for £499, which is £100 more than the Sky magazine is selling it for.

I guess that, in theory, I could buy it on my barclaycard from Argos, use their 16 day money back guarantee to see if I like it, and if I do, use Barclaycard's price promise to match the Sky price. Plus, buying it with Barclaycard would give me an extra year's warranty automatically. Hmm.

6. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trying to put in a webpage link, sorry can't get it to work :(

7. douglasgrant

douglasgrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A link for what tobydog?

8. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was just to the LG webpage with all the details,I have been trying to work out how to it, but can't get it right, not very good at these things :(

9. MaxUK

MaxUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This set is actually Beko and only re-badged as LG.