LG QNED/OLED Insider campaign

Part of me is regretting sending back the a80j, my main concern was it dimming with sports
I used to notice that quite a bit on mine but after I guess 6/700 hours on it it seemed to reduce the dimming considerably ,watching the HDR footy on sky recently and I’m not sure it even dimmed at all ,and I’m sure that the overall picture has brightened slightly recently too .

Be interested to see if they can do anything, I asked if anyone cancels could I get a slot.
I'd say there is probably a reserved list already as must have been lots of people that missed out...fingers crossed for you though

They still won’t let me cancel even after todays email ,which if I’m honest is a complete piss take .
It's actually illegal to not offer a refund. I'm going to pull the pin on mine as its too ambiguous for me. They have somehow messed this up more than last years which was a sh*% show

It's actually illegal to not offer a refund. I'm going to pull the pin on mine as its too ambiguous for me. They have somehow messed this up more than last years which was a sh*% show
They haven’t refused a cancellation,the issue I have is they previously told me I had to wait for the delivery txt and I can cancel it from there ,( they claimed they could not cancel as Lg had the sets ready for delivery ,which as we now know is bollocks 😂)

They haven’t refused a cancellation,the issue I have is they previously told me I had to wait for the delivery txt and I can cancel it from there ,( they claimed they could not cancel as Lg had the sets ready for delivery ,which as we now know is bollocks 😂)
That's refusing to process a cancellation in my books. If the stock was allocated and with Panther for delivery fair enough but they have told us that's not the case.

What happened last year will happen again. Basically they will say there are issues with coordinating the stock. Will give you a refund that takes up to 10 days to clear. They will also offer a discount code if you want to still progress to buy the TV directly from the LG website

That's refusing to process a cancellation in my books. If the stock was allocated and with Panther for delivery fair enough but they have told us that's not the case.

What happened last year will happen again. Basically they will say there are issues with coordinating the stock. Will give you a refund that takes up to 10 days to clear. They will also offer a discount code if you want to still progress to buy the TV directly from the LG website
I’ll give them until Monday to sort it ,then I’ll contact my credit card company 👍

Just received this email from the insiders .

Hi,

We have heard back from our LG contact person and cancellation has been authorised. Your refund will be requested today, the amount should appear in your bank within 7 working days. We will cancel your order, however in the unlikely situation that you receive communication from Panther please do let us know.

Kind regards,

The Insiders

So fingers crossed it's sorted :thumbsup:

Same as we got via Insiders. It balanced out the same
Is that still in exchange for review or just here take the discount? Will be interesting to see if Wes is offered it, as a result (if he had a change of heart on LG) he could end up with a set sooner than the rest of us 😂

Quick update ,after a bit of an exchange ,the insiders have come back and said they are trying to sort something out regarding cancelling the order .
If anyone is wondering why I’m not going ahead with the G2 ,it’s simple ,I really do like my 77A80J ,and I just don’t want to let it go , and in the back of my mind ,I keep telling myself I vowed never to go back to Lg after moving over to Sony Oleds ( I’ve had loads of Lg sets 960,950,E6,E7,C7,C8 and more than one example of those too😂😂!!)
I have no doubt the G2 is going to be Lg,s best set by quite a margin so far ,and I’m really looking forward to hearing all your thoughts on the 77” when you receive them 👍
I’m in exactly the same position as you.
Really starting to enjoy my Sony 80j it just works very well in the way it handshakes with all my hdmi devices.
I think the pic is getting brighter too, maybe the last software update or just time used?
Jumped on the G2 for the discount and the future proof hdmi ports but now worried I would miss the 80j

Nothing offered here :rotfl:
No it's not offered individually. They did it for everyone as a blanket as the process completely broke on their end. They cancelled all orders

You were still required to review. It's just the purchase process was changed

I’m in exactly the same position as you.
Really starting to enjoy my Sony 80j it just works very well in the way it handshakes with all my hdmi devices.
I think the pic is getting brighter too, maybe the last software update or just time used?
Jumped on the G2 for the discount and the future proof hdmi ports but now worried I would miss the 80j
The 77"A80J is a fantastic set , I have a 55" C1 in my bedroom and I just hate the OS on it as its just so laggy (the G2 is supposedly far faster in operation) and I hate the supplied remote too(I upgraded to the backlit A90J one with my A80J and its great ), I honestly do feel I would miss the A80J , as for the set getting brighter , for me its definitely time used rather than any updates.

The 77"A80J is a fantastic set , I have a 55" C1 in my bedroom and I just hate the OS on it as its just so laggy (the G2 is supposedly far faster in operation) and I hate the supplied remote too(I upgraded to the backlit A90J one with my A80J and its great ), I honestly do feel I would miss the A80J , as for the set getting brighter , for me its definitely time used rather than any updates.
must admit, the OS of my Sony XH9505 is great...and the remote and the silly point process of the LG might take a bit of getting used to....but as Ill be coming from a 13 year old Kuro, the benefits far outweigh these issues

must admit, the OS of my Sony XH9505 is great...and the remote and the silly point process of the LG might take a bit of getting used to....but as Ill be coming from a 13 year old Kuro, the benefits far outweigh these issues
The G2 will be a great upgrade for you ,and the best Lg to date without a doubt 👍

No it's not offered individually. They did it for everyone as a blanket as the process completely broke on their end. They cancelled all orders

You were still required to review. It's just the purchase process was changed
Are we at the point of being more delayed than last years deliveries?

77" in stock again with LG. There is also a review of the 77" from a chap based in Manchester.

Several people had their TVs delivered last Friday/Monday - has anyone even had a text from Panther this week for deliveries next week?

LG have plenty of TVs in the UK, even the 77G2, so I don’t understand what is going on. Are LG prioritising other customers i.e. not insiders?

Several people had their TVs delivered last Friday/Monday - has anyone even had a text from Panther this week for deliveries next week?

LG have plenty of TVs in the UK, even the 77G2, so I don’t understand what is going on. Are LG prioritising other customers i.e. not insiders?
It’s a first class cock up that’s what it is 😂

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom