LG QNED/OLED Insider campaign

jouster

I got a call today as well and confirmed Ive had it for a week and will get the testimonial done at some point..

twarde

Got a call today to see if it has arrived. It has but I haven't got it up and working yet. I asked where to write the first testimonial and she didn't know!

johna

So ordered mine mid May with the £100 cash back. Completed the cash back form around 10 days later, had no money back for weeks, emailed insiders (not the forum) who then said they would check…..nothing back for another week….so I started emailing daily pretty much. Got my £100 back Friday just gone. Have today received a text from Panther and expecting delivery of the TV Monday…..all in all the discount just about warrants the ball ache, just!

jouster

100£ Casback received from Insiders, but not the TV 😩
That's awesome...how long ago did you apply for it and any response from them since submitting or was the next you heard, that you got it?

jouster

That's awesome...how long ago did you apply for it and any response from them since submitting or was the next you heard, that you got it?
ah I'm guessing that might be the cashback Insiders gave for the later orders...getting my wires crossed

Justino86

Standard Member
The 100£ were the discount for late orders. I just got it straight into my bank account without no further communication.
Insiders called me twice to check if I received the TV, but they don’t have any more info about the delivery.

jouster

Weird that they then removed the cashback offer on the latest wave of offers
Guess they were trying to shift a swathe of sets

Cooney

ah I'm guessing that might be the cashback Insiders gave for the later orders...getting my wires crossed
Ah, now it’s clear. LG keep telling me that Insiders are not a participating retailer for the £200 ‘LG’ cash back on my 55G2. The terms and conditions do show a list of retailers and Insiders are not on the list.

ChertseyB

I suppose the question about whether we are eligible for the LG cash back is, have we purchased our TVs from Insiders, or from LG facilitated by Insiders. The fact that Insiders provide no warranty at all suggests the latter, but LG may see it differently. I'm not an expert but isn't a supplier required to provide a minimum 1 year warranty. If Insiders are indeed the supplier, that responsibility should be theirs and not rest with LG in my limited understanding.

I think we have saved enough already though, so the cashback not a big deal for me. I have still applied though. ;)

Edit: I just checked, and the Trader rather than the Manufacturer is legally bound to provide a 2-year warranty for electrical goods sold in the EU, but I'm guessing its the same in the UK. So by implication LG are the Trader (and manufacturer) on this transaction.

Last edited:

jouster

Anyone been asked to do more than the My Testimonial just yet?
Not yet, no.

Have you then?

They did ask me if my wife could do a report as well but didn’t advise how she would. Also she has t actually watched it yet as she has been banished to a different room to watch her garbage

CaroleBaskin

Distinguished Member
No nothing else. I’ll be surprised if they only want this single review piece.

How are you all finding the TV? I’m still amazed everytime I turn it on!

twarde

I'm impressed by the clarity and brightness. Downsides so far: there seems to be some stutter on 50Hz broadcast material - rolling credits look very jerky, worse than my C6. Also I don't like the remote control. The volume up/down is annoyingly clicky.

jouster

oh, it's amazing...and that would be the case at full price, not that Id have paid it...

I think had I been coming from a more recent 4K set, the jump wouldn't be so big but having come from a 1080p Plasma, with no smart functionality, it feels like a huge leap into the future

As I've said on a few previous posts, I'm not a big fan of the OS and even more so in relation to the remote...but this aside, which isn't used much in real use as the OS is only to move between media
But picture quality wise its incredible....far better than I think I really expected...and the blacks....well it's literally night and day (no pun intended)

I did check the used hours the other day, and I'd say it's been 4 hours a day since it went up Saturday afternoon.

I've already started rewatching a lot of my 400+ UHD collection (ripped to Plex) and some of the movies so much better than I could ever have hoped

JiSingh1

Standard Member
Just had another call from The Insiders asking if I had received my 55g2, I said "no I haven't but could you give me some idea of when it was likely to be delivered" but she had no idea, just that she had been told to ring round and find out who was still waiting.
Just out of interest, how many of us are still waiting, and what model did you order?
Ordered 65" B2, 24th May, not had a call about it or anything.

A family member ordered a 55" G2 on Wednesday last week I believe, and they rang 2 days later, asking if it's received, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom