LG QNED/OLED Insider campaign

jouster

hadnt checked mine for coil whine yet to be honest Ive not noticed it so far and part of me doesnt want to go looking for it in case I hear it and then cant unhear it

jouster

That was me. Still waiting for Panther to sort it out. How’s yours?
very happy so far.....had a bit of a PITA moment which Ill update in a later post but thats an issue for me and my current install and in wall existing cable issue but Ive managed to find a workaround for now

Radox0

hadnt checked mine for coil whine yet to be honest Ive not noticed it so far and part of me doesnt want to go looking for it in case I hear it and then cant unhear it

Yep I would not actively look for it tbh. I did partly on other thread in one area which to me is trivial as on random home screen page and right up to the TV. Outside of that in normal use I do not actively listen to it. I am broadly similar with picture quality too being honest. Do not often run all those slides etc looking for issues / flaws outside of what I may visually see while watching / or gaming with my normal content. If I see / hear issues with that, then its a problem for me, if not I am content / ignorance is bliss kind of guy :rotfl: Appreciate though others have differing standards.

spikecast

It's there.....go listen :rotfl::p

jouster

ChertseyB

My 77G2 arrived today! Got it on the LG Gallery stand with B&O Stage. LG say the stand is not meant for the 77", but it goes on fine and feels sturdy. I guess the weight of the former 77G1 was much greater. Still have to install everything properly, with cables tidied away, soundbar located correctly etc., but for now its looking grand.

The new set dwarfs my outgoing 60" Pioneer.

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

johna

Same boat, ordered my 55 g2 mid May, with the £100 cash back (which I still haven’t had) and still waiting on the delivery date. Happy to wait but good to get some clarity on this forum about when we can expect it. The comms from insiders is pretty poor tbh considering the amounts involved.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
mine has also arrived 77G2. Will set it up on the weekend - any tips for how to handle an OLED this size when wall mounting it

Radox0

mine has also arrived 77G2. Will set it up on the weekend - any tips for how to handle an OLED this size when wall mounting it

Two people will help. The little stickers they add can really help to line things up when slotting from the side. Also the top screws slot in from a pair of slots on top of the bracket, get those in and makes life easy. When we did it, one of the guys on one side missed it when dropping down, it was a nightmare to get TV off again!

Gloves are helpful as above. Fortunately the screen does have a plastic cover on it, so only remove once correctly in place anyways and should be no fingerprints on screen.

jouster

i had myself and my FiL.

To be fair getting he 60Kuro 60 off of the wall was a bigger issue...the G2 is very light so as long as two semi strong people and everything is clear and in place, it shouldn't be an issue

ChertseyB

Have you seen the LG video on how to wall-mount with the included bracket?

There is a protective film on the glass too, so it would be wise to leave that in place until you are done.

Good luck!

jouster

Have you seen the LG video on how to wall-mount with the included bracket?

There is a protective film on the glass too, so it would be wise to leave that in place until you are done.

Good luck!
yeah I left mine on till it was in place for about a day or two....with little to no real use.....in face its hard to even see its there if it were for the bottom corner stickers

Benji315

Very nice!

Those that have seen these campaigns before, do they normally offer other sets in the year? They offered a C2 55 as mentioned before but I don't think I'd get enough for my B6 to really fund that purchase on the £950 price.

jouster

am I imagining things or are all frames missing from artwork on the G2?

spikecast

I think you’re right. Looking at the outer bezels, the black bottom bezel, it’s thicker than the others? That or I have a few rows of dead pixels.

Its thicker on the bottom mate.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
as far as complying with the insider review part of the deal - do we only need to post a review on the insider site or does it require more

casian

Standard Member
Just had another call from The Insiders asking if I had received my 55g2, I said "no I haven't but could you give me some idea of when it was likely to be delivered" but she had no idea, just that she had been told to ring round and find out who was still waiting.
Just out of interest, how many of us are still waiting, and what model did you order?

Justino86

Standard Member
I’m still waiting. Got the g255 on 26th May. Got the same call today. Good that they’re reaching out, but pretty pointless call :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton