Lg Px5d

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by eggie99, Jan 4, 2007.

1. eggie99

eggie99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Having a major problem with my LG PX5D just recently purchased about beginning december , hardly used it and i mean hardly used it, the most about 20 mins or so, just to check it out, and then re packed with the white proctective wrapper that comes with it, when u unwrap the screen. Was re packed due to the fact was trying to buy the right wall bracket for it, which took some 3 weeks or so to find.

the problem i got is that i just bought a new aerial indoor to check the signal on freeveiw, was O.K, then was just trying varoius menu options when the set froze in PIP mode. Tried evrything and couldnt get it to unfreeze, when remote unresponsive front panel controls unresponsive. So switched it off at the wall and waited for 1 min or so and re switched it back on, and to my horror the screen is filled with black and white horizontal lines and once again evrything unresponsive remote and even front panel. Tried a few times by switching off and waiting longer periods but still the same.

Somehow the sets crashed and cant get it to unfreze the black and white stripes.

Need major help, any help appreciated please, only used it for 20 mins or so and totally knackered, bought this set from a lot of good reveiws but maybe made a bad chioce.

Any help gladly appreciated please.

Thanks
    Eggie

2. matty555

matty555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thats bad news mate.......:mad:

can you take it/Send it back to the retailer for a replacement...?

3. mannyo

mannyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    How long have you left it for so far?

4. eggie99

eggie99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi abt 2 hours now going to give it till mornin and c what happens, if not phone the warranty co out, but they will try and do a repair can i refuse a repair as the set is just over a month old with very minimal use or do i have get a repair done

thanks
    Eggie

5. eggie99

eggie99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

Dont think will get a replacement from retailer as just over a month old , it will have to be the warranty co.

thanks
    Eggie