1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG PX11 / Yakumo remote interference

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blued, Dec 16, 2004.

1. blued

blued
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've found that my Yakumo DVD remote controls certain functions on the TV and the LG remote certain functions on the DVD player. This is annoying, I went to switch subs off last night and it changed the AV input. Some buttons on the TV remote bring up things on the DVD player I've never seen before.

I'm guessing that there is nothing that I can do about this other than get another DVD player? I'm not that bothered about that because it was a £35 Amazon job when my Toshiba packed in but it plays EVERYTHING I put in it, including random mpegs.

Just on the off chance that I can change the remote frequency :rolleyes:

2. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a yamada DVD in the dinning room and it will switch the AV stuff etc. on the TV. Not a prob as different rooms but same prob as you.

M

3. mpadgett

mpadgett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a yamada and have the same problem. its used with my plasma so its a bit irritating at times.

4. kirk_da_turk

kirk_da_turk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the same problem but my dvd player is an akura, and satellite receiver (chess) seems to be getting interference too.
    it seems to be on the volume up function of LG that signals the dvd player to go into rewind etc, or turns the satellite on and off, which is quite annoying
    wonder if there is anything that can be done!!!