1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG PX11 Bought need help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by G1OSE, Feb 13, 2005.

1. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok so i bought the PX11 and i am over the moon with it such a nice picture after fiddling with the settings!
    it came saturday and had the stickers with 1500 brightness and 5000 contrast so im happy
    first question how do you get the service menu up ive tried pushing both buttons same time cant get it to work
    second i have connected my dvd player both through scart and svideo connection and either way the picture is black or non existant can any one help me on my rear projection telly you could chose the inputs on the inputs if you see what i mean any ideas?

cheers all

2. Kakihara

Kakihara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    press and keep pushing menu on remote directing the remote in the tv direction...
    at the same time press menu on the tv... until the menu appears it may be a bit long tough I did it in a tv-shop and it took at least 10secs before the menu appeared. (was a 5.11 firmware)

unless you have a new version where they could have changed the way to access it...you must be something wrong...

3. mike.jones

mike.jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G10SE,
    I recevied my LGPX11 on Sat morning, & the firmware is 5.13.
    The new version has not changed, just make sure that you are holding the remote menu button down for 10 seconds before you hold down the plasma menu button, keep holding both buttons at the same time the service menu should appear.

Let us know if it works for you :thumbsup:

4. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yes thanks guys im just very impatient
    5.13 also
    is there anything worth changing in the service menu? it seems to have about 10 menus inside it

Any ideas on the DVD front?

5. mike.jones

mike.jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you checked the DVD player settings? I set mine up using component interconnects, I had a similar problem, & then read my DVD manual, it showed me how to "activate" the component settings on the DVD as it auto defaulted to scart.
    Not sure if this is any help to you, I am a newbie as well!

6. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have checked but will check again just in case on my old tv i could change the scart input to like scart rgb or scart svhs etc but cant seem to do that here
    never mind ps2 will do for now!