Quantcast

LG pulls out of ISE 2020 over coronavirus concerns

THX1138UK

Understandable that LG don’t want employees in Asia travelling to Europe, but seems an overreaction, for LG employees based in Europe.

I’m transitioning through Schiphol (Amsterdam) this evening on my way back to the UK from a technical conference in Vienna, and I expect it to be business as usual at Schiphol airport, as it was on Tuesday.

It didn’t impact my conference in Vienna at all, and it’s not impacting Vienna Airport where I am right now.

Maybe LG have other reasons for not wanting to attend the conference and perhaps this is a useful excuse?

Clem_Dye

I think that it’s an entirely responsible stance for LG to take. Why expect staff to potentially contract an illness for which there is currently no cure, and if contracted, could kill you or leave you seriously disabled? The corona virus is spreading unchecked, and will continue to do so for some time yet. Avoiding public transport and population centres seems sensible to me.

Clem

Evinger

I think that it’s an entirely responsible stance for LG to take. Why expect staff to potentially contract an illness for which there is currently no cure, and if contracted, could kill you or leave you seriously disabled? The corona virus is spreading unchecked, and will continue to do so for some time yet. Avoiding public transport and population centres seems sensible to me.

Clem
Totally agree. Obviously this must cause some downturn in the World Economy (I'm thinking of the ripple effect on Travel Companies, Airports, Hotels, Restaurants that rely on this trade, event venues and staff etc. etc.) as people and companies avoid large gatherings, but the life & health of the World's population must come first.

Top Bottom