• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG PS3000 Grayish picture (like no backlight)

plasmanaab

Standard Member
Hi!

Ive used my LG PS3000 for 6 days now without problem. And when i get up this morning turn the TV on i can barely see anything..

Imagine a small PDA with broken backlight out in the sun. Thats how my picture is looking. Even tho i am in a dark room.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?

S Bibby

Hi,
This doesn't sound good and it might be a fault, so I would have a dealer look at it. I'm not sure what settings the TV has but if brightness is high then the picture could wash-out to some degree.

plasmanaab

Standard Member
Yeah probably some hardware error :(

Too bad, gonna tell the dealer to ship ´me a new tv before i send this 1 back ASAP :p

The picture is bad both with analog, digital reciever and hdmi from computer :(

But is there noone who has experienced similiar error with lg plasma screens?

perceptionist87

Hi there,

I know this issue from a really cheap Philips plasma screen I once had.

This can occur if the manufacturers don't install ANY anti-reflective counter measures on the front glass.

Are you quite sure there is no light directed on the screen ?
This issue can be visible when sunlight or any other light-source is directed at the screen.

Double-check if it's also visible with no ambient light on.
If yes, dump the set - because then it's a fault !

plasmanaab

Standard Member
yeah ive tried it in a totally dark room, and its horrible still... :(

wonder what happened tho.. worked fine friday night.. i turn it off, goto bed and next morning its totally ****ed... :(

gonna phone the supplier tomorrow and confront them..

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom