lg problems help

compo

Established Member
Reaction score
at the begining of the month i purchased a lg Plasma model no RZ42PX11
i was satisfide with the screen untill yesterday i have not viewed any text, or images that don't change as to not get any after image as i was advised that this could happen in the first 100-300 hours of use any way yesterday i was watching the teletext in my back room on it when i noticed a lot of pixelation is this normal or is it a faulty set my other two panasonic plasmas so no such pixelation talked to empire were i bought set after speaking to lg they said they would come out and look at set lg said sounded like a faulty panel and should return any advice is it in my rights to return set

You are plasma potty!! 3 screens! Fraid you may just be seeing the difference between a Panasonic and an LG, though LG owners swear this does not exist. They could be right, maybe it's faulty, in which case all the LGs I've seen have been faulty ones. As that's 25 or 30, Hmmm...

i have just put a thx test disc in my dvd and put the blue and red test screens on the blue and the green elements of most of the pixels on the top half of the screen seem to flash on randomly.coerect me if i am wrong but if it is red screen only the red element of the pixel should be illuminated the same should be correct for a solid blue and green screen but the other cells in the pixel seam to light on there own accord lg technical recon this is a faulty panel as cells on the screen should not be doing this.

Well let them replace it then. You are laughing if you can get a good panel out of them, as they are very reasonably priced. They do appear to suffer more than the usual run of faults. There was a long running LG thread here which was moderately disrespectful of LG technical too. But best of luck.

MAW said:
Well let them replace it then. You are laughing if you can get a good panel out of them, as they are very reasonably priced. They do appear to suffer more than the usual run of faults. There was a long running LG thread here which was moderately disrespectful of LG technical too. But best of luck.

Your LG bashing again Mr Maw, I wish they would agree to supply you, this might stop this sort of reply.

Sounds like it's crook COMPO, get it changed over. ;)

LG Owner :smashin:

colindale said:
Your LG bashing again Mr Maw, I wish they would agree to supply you, this might stop this sort of reply.

Sounds like it's crook COMPO, get it changed over. ;)

LG Owner :smashin:
I dont think MAW is LG bashing, nothing wrong with mentioning possible bad points of any make

MAW said:
They are desperate to supply, no problem there. I won't sell them, too much hassle.

They would not sell them to you, that's why you bash them, please get over it!. :boring:

No, not so. I just genuinely believe them to be sub standard. I offer a very service orientated type of business, if something goes wrong I'm the poor sucker they call, and I have to go round and fix it/replace it usually. I cannot afford products where this is likely to occur on any sort of regular basis, nor do most of my customers respond well to 'give it a few weeks, I'm sure the picture will bed in nicely' type responses to complaints. You LG owners are the boring ones. If it's all you can afford, get over it. I can't afford a plasma of my own at all, mine is owned by the firm, and if it's needed to loan people, I have to do without. I would rather have it that way than own a cheap and nasty one.

Lionheart said:
I dont think MAW is LG bashing, nothing wrong with mentioning possible bad points of any make

He only picks on LG, are you going to tell me other makes dont have problems? :nono:

MAW said:
No, not so. I just genuinely believe them to be sub standard. I offer a very service orientated type of business, if something goes wrong I'm the poor sucker they call, and I have to go round and fix it/replace it usually. I cannot afford products where this is likely to occur on any sort of regular basis, nor do most of my customers respond well to 'give it a few weeks, I'm sure the picture will bed in nicely' type responses to complaints. You LG owners are the boring ones. If it's all you can afford, get over it. I can't afford a plasma of my own at all, mine is owned by the firm, and if it's needed to loan people, I have to do without. I would rather have it that way than own a cheap and nasty one.

What a strange statement :confused:

You need a pay rise or a new job, you can't afford one and your an expert?.

Very Happy LG owner :smashin:

Other makes have problems, sure. It's well known here I won't sell anythink Korean, or Hitachi, due to similar issues, though maybe not as bad. Panasonic are not problem free, but it's much rarer. A quick search would reveal one of my customers with a faulty PWD8 right now, currently he is the only customer I have with a faulty screen. It will be replaced in short order. Folks whose LG screens go wrong have to wait while their screens are 'tested'. During that time I'd be without a plasma. What would you choose to do in my position?

I knew you'd respond about money :D I have 2 kids in private education and a 36ft catamaran, and no time to watch TV anyway.

MAW said:
Other makes have problems, sure. It's well known here I won't sell anythink Korean, or Hitachi, due to similar issues, though maybe not as bad. Panasonic are not problem free, but it's much rarer. A quick search would reveal one of my customers with a faulty PWD8 right now, currently he is the only customer I have with a faulty screen. It will be replaced in short order. Folks whose LG screens go wrong have to wait while their screens are 'tested'. During that time I'd be without a plasma. What would you choose to do in my position?

I knew you'd respond about money :D I have 2 kids in private education and a 36ft catamaran, and no time to watch TV anyway.

Good Luck Mr Maw :confused:

Thank you for the kind words we all need some luck from time to time! Good luck with your LG, I hope you remain happy with the LG. My kids are happy watching the PHD when it's here. Which is most of the time.

tried to fiddle about with settings last night if i lowered the contrast and birghtness right down the problem went away is this normal?

Actually yes, fairly normal. The 'problem' is then only a problem if the contrast and brightness are too low now. If you have a THX DVD, it has a little routine in the 'languages' menu to help set up your screen. Very basic, but it's pretty good for setting contrast and brightness. If you were to crank the settings up to the max on your panasonics, you might well see green pixels light in black bars. As long ago I undersand LG bought Panasonic panel driver technology, I'd expect similar behaviour. If you set contrast and brightness correctly with THX, you have no problem if the effect is not present. If it's still there when the thing is correctly set (likely to be mid point or just below) then it's back to LG with it.

No it is not normal,
Compo, ask for replace or money back!
On my LG 42PX3RV-if I set the contrast and (or) brightness to the max.-there are no green pixels or any other anomaly-the panel should be able to work with the max. Settings.

MAW?!? you are not helping when just posting the same old songs on every LG tread.

Maw, if I read the Panasonic threads I see also a lots of problems. However I still did not see any unhappy owner of PX3-4 series. In one of the Dutch forums there was a guy who had dead pixel on his PX3RVA and he sent it back and got a LCD. But so far there are less problems then the new Panasonic.

You are right of course, PV500s do give trouble. Mind you, some of the 'faults' could easily be labelled trivial by those who don't own them or are less choosy. It's not Panasonics finest hour. As it happens, I choose not to sell them either. I just don't do cranky gear, it's not economic. I'd rather lose the business.

i have panasonic and lg and it's hard to tell the difference between the two screens but i am just dissapointed about the pixelating on the lg hopefully if it's replace the otherone should be ok.

Compo, I am afraid you will not get a new PX11, as this model is out of production I think, but try to get your money back or to be replaced with PX3RV, PX3RVA or PX4RV.

Its funny how touchy some people get if their screens or manufacturers get less than glowing comments...I have the 42pv500 and I want to hear the bad stuff as well as the good

is it not within my rights to ask for an equivalent or better model

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom