LG power cord swap?

Westender

Looking to replace my 65” LG EF950 with an LG 65CX. The EF950 is wall mounted and the cables hidden in the wall. Unfortunately the existing cabling was poorly fitted and can’t be removed and replaced without chiselling out and replastering. Don’t really want to go down that route. Would it be possible to connect the existing power cabling to the new CX or are there any other options?

Last edited:

NatTheGooner

Looking to replace my 65” LG EF950 with an LG 65CX. The EF950 is wall mounted and the cables hidden in the wall. Unfortunately the existing cabling was poorly fitted and can’t be removed and replaced without chiselling out and replasterimg. Don’t really want to go down that route. Would it be possible to connect the existing power cabling to the new CX or are there any other options?
I did exactly that. Figure of eight plug with a 5 amp fuse I think, same as the new one.

Westender

The EF950 is hardwired - hasn't got a figure of 8 connection.

NatTheGooner

The EF950 is hardwired - hasn't got a figure of 8 connection.
That’s a shame.
If you have to remove the cable from the wall then maybe fit a double socket instead. I have my Apple TV 4K plugged in behind my OLED

You could cut the cable on the old TV and fit a socket to the end coming out of the wall and a plug on the end of the old TV cable. Then plug the new TV into the newly fitted socket. Not ideal but it would leave the new TV untouched and the old one with a shorter power cable.

Last edited:

Westender

Was hoping I wouldn’t have to remove the existing cabling and replaster/redecorate.

Westender

Thanks Nat for the suggestion.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom