1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Plasma TV , RZ 42 PX11 a few questions :-)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ossypete, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ossypete

ossypete
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    firstly hello to all , as this is my first post treat me gently :) I have just purchased the above tv from comet and would like to ask a few questions . I have sat down and read the long thread on this tv on here and i am still no wiser :confused:

1 , will the picture quality get better in time , and does anyone have any advice on settings does it need to settle or bed in for a few hundred hours ???

2 the best way to connect my tv to my dvd surround system ,the dvd has scart, comp video and S video connections .

3 the sky remote code been online for 4 hours today and not found one :-((

as you can see i am really new to this any advice greatfully received

Pete

2. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The picture will improve dramatically, it took mine about a week. There are some settings that will improve immediately - especially if you have solarisation.

These are my settings for first 200 hours, you may need to play to get something you are happy with (and perhaps my contrast and brightness were a little high for running in).

Contrast 65
    Colour 30
    Brightness 53
    Sharpness 0
    XD engine on
    Orbiter on
    Cinema off

But the biggest change came from changing from AV to PC in service menu. To access this, press menu on remote and keep pressed. Now press menu on plasma (keep pressed until service menu appears. Now press yellow button on remote control to toggle between screens. On the screen settings page you should be able to chose between AV, auto or PC. Select the PC mode, now press menu to exit.

As for DVD connection - try componant.

Don't use Sky+, I have NTL Digital so cannot suggest anything there.

After playing about with settings and waiting a week or so I got what I thought was an excellent picture. In the meantime, because I was not happy with picture I ordered a scaler (Zinwell Brite View 3000 pro) from America. I connected this up a week or so ago and cannot believe the quality of what I am getting now. It's like having a three dimentional cinema in my home.

Also.... and I know people are not going to like this!!! I have a Panny PW6 in my other lounge (bit greedy having two - but it's the only way family let me watch sport - and I made her indoors pay for it!!) and even without scaler the LG picture quality wins hands down - I tried swapping the screen between rooms incase it was inputs or cables but everytime the LG won. (I know this may be down to user preference - but this is all users, family friends, neighbours etc).

Problem I have now is that family want LG (with or without scaler) and I am left with Panny. So when I can afford it - and that's gonna be a long while, I'm selling off the Panny and getting myself another LG (Yes, there really is that much difference!!!)

3. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, if your comp video is composite and not componant, then use scart instead.