1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Plasma - Need help.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by danmic, Feb 14, 2005.

1. danmic

danmic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, recently bought a LG plasma (not sure if the model numbering is the same as where u guys are, this is the model: RU-42PX10C)RU-42PX10C

It looks great while watching DVD, but suffers the following problem when watching programs from the cable.

- Colour banding, which seem to occur on low quality images, dark images and colour gradients on smooth objects, such as a close-up shot of a face. I tried play with the colour/contrast/brightness settings, and can sometimes only eliminate these problems partially, but they are never completely solved. Followed some instrcution I found on this site, got into svc menu and changed from AV to PC (why?) and adjusted some colour tone. Problem seem to get slight better but not entirely. Some suggested using external scaler but it is kinda steep in $.

Does anyone has any good advise in how to use the service menu to it full effect to improve PQ?

Many Thanks
    Dan.

2. neural

neural

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @damnic

I am interested to know if you resolved your problem. I have a LG 42PM12XH which I have noticed some similar problems.

I am also considering looking at the DVDO iScan to sort the PQ out. Are you aware if DVI input is HDCP compliant on the LGs?

Many thanks

3. Mike Beds

Mike Beds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Don't wish to state the obvious but don't know how much you know or have done!

Have you got the cable box connected, using a proper RGB scart lead, into an RGB scart socket on the TV & have set the scart output on the cable box to RGB? This makes quite a big difference to PQ, though it's still nowhere near the quality of DVD,esp on component + progressive.