LG PK990 Dead Pixel

DavidColeman

Standard Member
I have had my 990 for nearly a month now.

I am blown away in every respect with the set so far with both sky feed and PS3/Xbox 360 useage.

However, I have noticed what appears to be a dead pixel in the bottom right corner, not visible from my viewing position but it is there.

My dilema is that I bought it from John Lewis for £890 with the matching Blueray player included, I can return it to JL as I am still within the 28 day policy, but JL no longer sell this TV so I won`t get another one from them, and the only other 50" worth a look is the Panasonic G20.

So should I accept the minor problem or is it reasonable to expect a pixel perfect screen ?

scalR

Standard Member
Hi David,

I bought this TV from BHS Direct - and I must say the set is stunning - currently watching Sopranos Season 1 on Blu Ray via the PS3 and it looks brilliant (THX preset)

I have 2 dead pixels on the panel, one roughly in the centre (you can see the red sub-pixel struggling to come to life) and another in the lower right quadrant. I was gutted when I saw these - I originally noticed them on the Wipeout HD menu due to its white background.

When paying out a large sum of money you could argue the screen should be perfect - but I imagine dead 1 pixel is well within tolerance.

I sit quite close to the screen and I don't notice them at all during viewing - the softer 'glow' look to the plasma helps drown out the dark spot I think.

I could have paid an additional extra 30 quid for BHS to check the panel for dead pixels before shipping, but I put the money towards an extended warranty instead.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom