LG Picture turning off

Tripledrop

Standard Member
Reaction score
Last week I bought a LG HB905PA Home Cinema kit, to go with my 18 month-old TV (LG 50ps3000).

I have it connected via HDMI from the HDMI output on the home cinmea, to HDMI2 input on the TV.

I then have my media centre PC attached again via HDMI to HDMI input1 on the home cinema.

The problem I'm having is that after I've been watching the PC for a while (seems to be about 30 mins normally, but not always), the picture goes black and the TV reports "No Signal". The home cinema is still on as you can still hear the audio.

Prior to buying the home cinema, the PC was plugged directly into HDMI2 on the TV with no issues (and had been for 18 months) - don't know if this is relevant?

Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thx :)

Last week I bought a LG HB905PA Home Cinema kit, to go with my 18 month-old TV (LG 50ps3000).

I have it connected via HDMI from the HDMI output on the home cinmea, to HDMI2 input on the TV.

I then have my media centre PC attached again via HDMI to HDMI input1 on the home cinema.

The problem I'm having is that after I've been watching the PC for a while (seems to be about 30 mins normally, but not always), the picture goes black and the TV reports "No Signal". The home cinema is still on as you can still hear the audio.

Prior to buying the home cinema, the PC was plugged directly into HDMI2 on the TV with no issues (and had been for 18 months) - don't know if this is relevant?

Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thx :)

It certainly sounds like a PC power saving issue to me (sorry if i'm stating the obvious) but maybe check all those display settings just in case, if it was a fault with the TV then I doubt very much it would be so 'regular'

Sorry I should have put a little more info!

I have a harmony remote, and to get the picture to show again, I press off (which turns off the TV and the home cinema), and then turn them on again. I don't touch the PC. When it happens later, I'll try just turniong off the TV and see if I can narrow it down a bit

I work with PCs, it's definitely not the PC :)

hehe! sure thing, you never know with some folks! ;-)

How about SIMPLINK? turn that off (or on!?) that can cause stuff to switch off with no apparent reason!? :confused:

Well that's interesting... I had an issue with the harmony remote, so was advised to turn SIMPLINK off, which I did on the TV (and it solved the issue!). Is this a TV only feature, or is there a way to disable on the Home Cinema?

Well that's interesting... I had an issue with the harmony remote, so was advised to turn SIMPLINK off, which I did on the TV (and it solved the issue!). Is this a TV only feature, or is there a way to disable on the Home Cinema?
I think you can only turn it off on the TV ('client') (i.e. the server(s) are the blu-rays, Home cinemas etc...)

Well that's definitely off... Any other ideas?
The only other thing that I can think of would be HDMI cable quality? i;ve had a few REALLY crappy ones that don't sync properly with the TV and i'm sure i've heard audio before but with no picture? how about trying an analogue output? sorry, i'm all out of ideas! :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom