LG PH450UG 3D issues

Reaction score
Hi,

Just picked up an LG PH450UG Ultra short throw projector. It’s a great projector but I’m having issues getting the 3D to work correctly. I can choose the frame sequential option when watching a 3D BluRay but it’s all messed up an kind looks 3D in parts but fast moving action is unwatchable. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. I’m playing 3D BluRays through my XBOX ONE linked to a DENON Receiver. Because my TV isn’t 3D I have to take the HDMI out of the TV and just have the projector connected otherwise the XBOX ONE doesn’t see the 3D device. The 3D glasses are DLP link and should work okay. Any help appreciated. ATOMS demo disc to anyone who can solve this.

Do you have the option for frame packing?should come on automatically when detecting a 3D disc i think...also check video options on the Xbox.

Yeah I can select frame packing and the shutter glasses turn on okay so it all seems like it’s working. The XBOX ONE is set to allow 3D mode. It’s just the image is unwatchable, it’s hard to describe but anything slow moving looks okay but no 3D and fast moving scenes are unwatchable. It’s just odd.

Yeah I can select frame packing and the shutter glasses turn on okay so it all seems like it’s working. The XBOX ONE is set to allow 3D mode. It’s just the image is unwatchable, it’s hard to describe but anything slow moving looks okay but no 3D and fast moving scenes are unwatchable. It’s just odd.
Not sure of your projector model..is it DLP or LCD?

It’s a DLP

Hi,

Just picked up an LG PH450UG Ultra short throw projector. It’s a great projector but I’m having issues getting the 3D to work correctly. I can choose the frame sequential option when watching a 3D BluRay but it’s all messed up an kind looks 3D in parts but fast moving action is unwatchable. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. I’m playing 3D BluRays through my XBOX ONE linked to a DENON Receiver. Because my TV isn’t 3D I have to take the HDMI out of the TV and just have the projector connected otherwise the XBOX ONE doesn’t see the 3D device. The 3D glasses are DLP link and should work okay. Any help appreciated. ATOMS demo disc to anyone who can solve this.

Connect the Xbox to the projector directly.

What is the 3D Blu ray disc, is it frame packing?

What are the 3D glasses?

So the image looks ok when the movement is slow and bad when the movement is fast?

I’ll try it direct tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. If it does it must mean the receiver is doing something. It’s a Denon w2300x which is 3D compatible. Yeah a genuine 3D BluRay of Endgame. It’s framed packed and I can select that option on the projector. Not totally okay on slow moving and not really 3D either, kind of a flashing glimpse of a 3D effect now and again.

I’ll try it direct tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. If it does it must mean the receiver is doing something. It’s a Denon w2300x which is 3D compatible. Yeah a genuine 3D BluRay of Endgame. It’s framed packed and I can select that option on the projector. Not totally okay on slow moving and not really 3D either, kind of a flashing glimpse of a 3D effect now and again.

Has it ever worked?

What model of 3D glasses?

Only just got it and have been waiting four weeks for the glasses to arrive. They are generic DLP LINK glasses off Ebay. They match the specs given in the manual for the projector. The one thing I would say is the projected 3D image doesn’t look right.

Only just got it and have been waiting four weeks for the glasses to arrive. They are generic DLP LINK glasses off Ebay. They match the specs given in the manual for the projector. The one thing I would say is the projected 3D image doesn’t look right.

Try connecting the projector to the Xbox directly.

Try connecting the projector to the Xbox directly.
Okay connecting direct to the projector worked. So what is my Denon receiver doing to the signal? It says in all the info that the Denon has 3D passthrough.

Rang Denon tech support and they told me the XBOX ONE 3D software is not compatible with the receiver and Microsoft are working on a an update. SoundS a bit odd to me.

So I tried the 3D BluRay in my PS4 running through the Denon receiver and into the projector. Worked just fine! Looks like it is an XBOX ISSUE!

Hey, sorry to butt in here but just wondered what you're overall thoughts were on the PH450UG now?

Any regrets, concerns?

What size screen are you running it to?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom