LG OTW420B wall mount bracket

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some advice please.

I have the official LG wall mount bracket OTW420B which is Vesa 400x200, 300x200

The new TV I'm looking at is 300 x300

Can you get a conversion plate or something so I can use my existing mount ?

Thanks

sorted

Last edited:
Looking at it, to me it seems like it's possibly a wall mount only for specific LG TVs, it's not designed to be compatible with other TVs.

If you could add plates to that, they may interfere with the operation of the mount as it's so slim.

Looking at it, to me it seems like it's possibly a wall mount only for specific LG TVs, it's not designed to be compatible with other TVs.

If you could add plates to that, they may interfere with the operation of the mount as it's so slim.

I'm assuming the adapter plate will attach to the back of the new TV and then attach the LG wall bracket will attach to the plate ?

I'm looking at that and thinking it's designed to fit specific TVs. For £20 you can buy a wall mount that's designed to fit all TVs and comes with the parts you need.

If it was mine and I didn't have the correct TV to fit it, I'd buy a different one rather than mucking about with plates that might hinder the mount from working correctly.

Ultimately it's your TV, your mount, your choice.

I'm looking at that and thinking it's designed to fit specific TVs. For £20 you can buy a wall mount that's designed to fit all TVs and comes with the parts you need.

If it was mine and I didn't have the correct TV to fit it, I'd buy a different one rather than mucking about with plates that might hinder the mount from working correctly.

Ultimately it's your TV, your mount, your choice

I understand your point, however re-using a bracket that is already fixed to the wall surely makes sense ?

From what I can tell this bracket should work with any tv proving the vesa holes match up

Hi,

Sorry to derail this thread, but I have a related question.
I’m about to replace my old but beautiful plasma tv, which comes with it’s own table and a stand so the TV is held midair.

I believe the current tv has a vesa 600 x 400 mount. While the replacement tvs all seem to be vesa 300.
Would getting an adapter work? I haven’t found one on amazon yet, is 600 such an old standard that it is extinct?

I have the same wall mount with an E6 and I am waiting for a C1, would this mount work with newer tvs?
420B
1100-1.jpg

Newer 480B
iu

I use this LG OTW420B bracket for my Sony 55A1 OLED tv. It's been brilliant. Looking for something similar for my new 48A9 tv. Sony SU-WL850 bracket looks similar but for a ridiculous £250 lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom