Question LG OLED77G6P Pricing

filmesq

Novice Member
Reaction score
I see many stores and online retailers listing the price for the LG OLED77G6P for preorder as $24,999 in US dollars. LG's official site just says "coming soon" and does not list an MSRP though.

Does anyone know if the $24,999 is the official price LG has communicated to retailers or if there's a chance the price will be lower? I really want the 77" model but $24,999 is much to high for me - I'll buy the 65" model now if it's confirmed the 77" will be $24,999.....

Thanks in advance

Buy the 65" now

Does anyone know if the $24,999 is the official price LG has communicated to retailers or if there's a chance the price will be lower?

Thanks in advance

No chance whatsoever, in the UK the price is £24,999. Consider yourself lucky that your prices are in dollars.

Of course, even for quite rich and keen enthusiasts 25 grand, dollars or pounds, will be much too much. However, Samsung and Sony will be pleased because their 2016 ranges feature several 75" and 78" televisions that, in the UK anyway, cost between £4,000 and £6,500, which when set against £25,000 look quite reasonable!

Unfortunately when it comes to 77" OLED's it is truly a case of "if you have to ask the price you can't afford it" :(

^^ As has been the case for the last 3 model years running. Maybe give it another 3 before it comes out of the stratosphere?

Vinnie97 is correct, the previous 77" OLED model, the outgoing LG 77EC980V, is still listed by Sevenoaks at £25K http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision....0&c2=0&mi2=295&mx2=25010&c3=1002&v3=65+Inch++.

With the banding issues at the 65" size that we are hearing about on the E6 thread, even if one could afford a 77" LG OLED at £25K, would it give a better picture than a top 75" or 78" FALD set from Samsung or Sony?

Vinnie97 is correct, the previous 77" OLED model, the outgoing LG 77EC980V, is still listed by Sevenoaks at £25K http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/c-8-tv.aspx#pgnum=1&sort=&l=1~2~3&c1=-1&v1=210&c2=0&mi2=295&mx2=25010&c3=1002&v3=65+Inch++.

With the banding issues at the 65" size that we are hearing about on the E6 thread, even if one could afford a 77" LG OLED at £25K, would it give a better picture than a top 75" or 78" FALD set from Samsung or Sony?

Does a bear shit in the woods? :D

If I wanted a 75+" set I'd get a FALD, but I'm man enough to admit I'd rather have the OLED.

Does a bear sh*t in the woods? :D

If I wanted a 75+" set I'd get a FALD, but I'm man enough to admit I'd rather have the OLED.

At 25 grand, and possibly with banding?

At 25 grand, and possibly with banding?

No, I said if I wanted a 75"+ set I'd get a FALD. Thats down to cost, the potential banding issue is irrelevant, I wouldn't pay £25k for a perfect 77" OLED

However, I'd rather have the OLED (even with banding).

Your post I quoted in my response asked the question "even if one could afford a 77" LG OLED at £25K, would it give a better picture than a top 75" or 78" FALD set from Samsung or Sony". IMO yes it would even with banding. Even those most irked by banding admit it only rears its head a fraction of their viewing time.

Price being equal which do you think most would choose? That probably answers your question if the OLED is better.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom