LG oled77g16La not supporting sky uhd content

janine5133

Novice Member
Hi,
Just purchased the Lg Tv but have found that when connecting to sky I am unable to watch any Ultra 4K tv items. The error message comes up on the TV " This content can not be displayed because your TV does not support HDCP 2.2" Tried searching this thread but unable to find anything on it.
Can anyone help?

PlexShaw

What is the software version on the TV showing as?

This is a very widely documented issue (it's not just Sky Q boxes that this occurs with) and the fix has reportedly been implemented in the 03.20.80 software update. Although, that being said, the jury is still out on whether the fix actually works for everyone.

PlexShaw

We have looke at software update and tried to update to 03.20.80 but it will not update. Just says there is no update available, shows 03.20.65
Yep, that's not unexpected as the roll out of the update via the built in TV updater is staggered.

If you want to update it manually using a USB stick, the download link for the 03.20.80 software update is on the page that @SeeMoreDigital posted above.

razy60

Hi,
Just purchased the Lg Tv but have found that when connecting to sky I am unable to watch any Ultra 4K tv items. The error message comes up on the TV " This content can not be displayed because your TV does not support HDCP 2.2" Tried searching this thread but unable to find anything on it.
Can anyone help?
I have the 55 g1 on the older software but haven't experienced this problem, is it a particular channel or just all 4k?

janine5133

Novice Member
Hi,
It’s ultra hd from sky that does not work. Installed latest update still not working. Spoke to LG who say it’s a known problem with the c1 and g1 and that they’re trying to release a software update to solve it with no date in sight. Looks like the tv will be going back.

PlexShaw

Hi,
It’s ultra hd from sky that does not work. Installed latest update still not working. Spoke to LG who say it’s a known problem with the c1 and g1 and that they’re trying to release a software update to solve it with no date in sight. Looks like the tv will be going back.
I would still recommend trying to manually install the .80 software update if you haven't already as that may correct the issue anyway.

It's only a problem on TVs built from some point in August, so you may also get comments from some who are not experiencing this issue and/or have no knowledge of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom