LG OLED65G26LA Won’t turn on

2498moe

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, just bought a LG OLED65G26LA. Having finally managed to get the bracket on the TV will not power on. I have a red light and that’s it.

I’ve tried unplugging, waiting 1 minute, holding power button for a minute and plugging back in but hasn’t worked. (Tried this about 10 times)

When I first put the TV up and plugged it in it did actually come up a front screen but because I decided to clean up the packaging just left it like that for 30 mins. It seems like it’s asleep but just can’t get it to wake up! Really frustrating and not sure what to do.

Any help would be great

Have you tried using the remote?
If it still doesn’t respond unplug it for 10-15 mins then try again.

Have you tried using the remote?
If it still doesn’t respond unplug it for 10-15 mins then try again.
Yes I’ve tried holding the on button for 10 seconds but hasn’t worked unless there’s something else?

You’re not meant to hold either the remote or on-screen standby button, just a quick stab is enough to switch it on.

Shouldn’t need to hold the remote down, just press it once?
Oh yes have tried but no luck. The red light on the tv is fixed but it just blinks when pressing the button but doesn’t switch on
You’re not meant to hold either the remote or on-screen standby button, just a quick stab is enough to switch it on.
yes that right. In my original post I was referring to trying to reset the tv having looked online. Have tried pressing button on the remote and tv, just blinks but doesn’t turn on

Try holding the back and home button on the remote together for five seconds, should reset the remote.

Try holding the back and home button on the remote together for five seconds, should reset the remote.
Thanks, tried but hasn’t changed anything. Still just blinks but doesn’t turn on. It’s a brand new tv so very frustrating

In that case it's faulty.
Report it asap to your retailer.

Thanks, tried but hasn’t changed anything. Still just blinks but doesn’t turn on. It’s a brand new tv so very frustrating

Sounds like a faulty tv. Best to contact the retailer and get a replacement sent out. Who is the retailer?

Maybe one final try turn it off from the mains, wait five minutes and then turn on again. No need to hold the remote button, just tap it once. Only reason I say try that as you said it worked earlier which seems strange, not like it was DOA.

Maybe one final try turn it off from the mains, wait five minutes and then turn on again. No need to hold the remote button, just tap it once. Only reason I say try that as you said it worked earlier which seems strange, not like it was DOA.
Thanks but no luck either. It’s very strange. Brand new tv so when first turning power on it for the very first time it did power on but because I left it alone it went to “sleep” and now doesn’t turn on…. I’ll try again in the morning and will continue to but nothing seems to work

I’ve returned the TV. Waiting on the company to issue a refund now. They confirmed today it’s been processed and payment refunded early next week. I’m now going to re-buy it from Curry’s next week

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom