LG OLED65E8 HDR content settings and calibration??

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by poseymvp, Jul 21, 2018.

1. poseymvp

poseymvp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I just recently purchased the new LG OLED E8 65 TV. I love this TV and colors are amazing. However, I'm having some issues with HDR content. How can I tell if I'm watching something in HDR content? I don't have a 4K blu player yet so I've been watching Youtube and Netflix. On Youtube, I've been searching for 4K HDR demos but it seems to display only 4K. How can I tell if it's showing HDR content? Also when I go into picture mode settings. It doesn't give me an option to change HDR Picture mode so I can never find the settings for Dynamic Tone mapping to turn it off/on. As for Netflix, I search for HDR content. On a few of the shows/movies I watched, it does show Dolby Vision. However in picture mode, I can't find any way to change the settings for Dynamic Tone Mapping even if Netflix and my TV is streaming in Dolby Vision.

Also do most people following this to calibrate their E8s TVs - LG C8 OLED TV Calibration Settings

thanks in advance.

2. doug56hl

doug56hl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,752
    If TV is showing HDR you should have the HDR viewing modes available to choose from, if showing DV you should have the DV viewing modes.

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,377
    You can't switch dynamic tone mapping on when watching Dolby Vision as that setting only applies to HDR with static metadata and Dolby Vision has dynamic metadata already so no need for dynamic tone mapping

4. poseymvp

poseymvp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1