Question LG OLED65CX6LA price drop soon?

LuvCVs

I bought one of these sets a few months ago now and would love to get another one, but would this price drop in the new year? I bought mine for £1800. Would be great in the new year it was £1000 :D companies getting these gone for new stock to come in, rather, next years models. Or does that happen like, mid year?

shagaboopon

I bought one of these sets a few months ago now and would love to get another one, but would this price drop in the new year? I bought mine for £1800. Would be great in the new year it was £1000 :D companies getting these gone for new stock to come in, rather, next years models. Or does that happen like, mid year?

Highly unlikely it'll. drop much below £1500-1600 imo.

LuvCVs

I thought as much. Argos, where I got mine, now are back to £2300. Maybe I'll wait for Christmas as they say things drop alot in December too..

mikej

Based on previous years, the 55" CX might drop to around £1000 but the 65" wont drop that low. It's also likely any remaining CXs will sell out well before December.

vickster

Distinguished Member
I thought as much. Argos, where I got mine, now are back to £2300. Maybe I'll wait for Christmas as they say things drop alot in December too..
Christmas has been and gone??
I wouldn't buy a high end TV from Argos though, no extended warranty

faidtoblack

The best prices are usually Spring/Summer here in the UK, however, this year things may be very different due to obvious reasons. As people above have said there may be some hope it goes closer to around £1600-£1700 at some point if it doesn't completely sell out first.

There is next to no chance whatsoever that the 65CX will drop to 1k though I am afraid.

Mr Balld

Standard Member
Hope so l , I was waiting for end of month payday to get the CX 65 from JL at 1799 , it’s gone up to £2299 - like say what !

looks like LG made my mind up - 950H it is then .

LuvCVs

Hey Mr, I was thinking of the same TV, but really wanted it to be the LG so it'd match the one I got in the sale. Wanted to do a dual setup for a PS5, gaming PC setup as me and my partner are both gamers haha but, mainly December they drop again and I can't see why LG keep prices high even when they have there new ranges out soon. Currys PC World sold out like 6 times and the guy on the phone said they order about 250 per order. Sucks, but, if TV manufacturers were not so greedy then they would sell even more units that would cover the deficit.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom