LG OLED65CX6LA for £1330 or LG OLED77CX6LA for £2270? Are either a good buy at this point?

Richdog

Hi guys hope you're all well. My local stores in the EU have all reduced the price of the LG OLED65CX down to £1330 and the LG OLED77CX down to £2270. I currently have a 65" Samsung Q7Fn which has been a trooper, but I am looking for an OLED TV for:
  • TV, movies, Netflix and Youtube
  • Streaming content (videos, photos etc) from my Synology NAS
  • PC gaming with HDMI 2.1 (I have a high end PC)
My main questions are:

1. The 65" seems such amazing value at £1330... my head tells me that the 77" probably isn't worth close to double the price at £2270. Are my instincts correct?
  2. At this price and with the new series about to be released, are the LG OLED CX still worth getting?
  3. Any downsides to buying one for my above uses taking into particular account PC gaming?
  4. Is the CX6LA model still fully featured without too many sacrifices? I can't figure out if it can USB record and has twin tuner or not... https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/lg-oled65cx-65-4k-oled-2020-television-12934432
Thanks for any advice. :)

Last edited:

nekromantik

wow lucky!
in UK 77 CX is still £3499
just depends on size preference I guess but the 77 panels do seem to have more uniformity issues

Richdog

Ok so I take it that the prices are good. I think in the end a 65" is more practical for gaming so that I don't have to be moving my head around too much. Plus, with it being half the price of the 77" I can then upgrade in a couple of years more freely without as much of a painful financial hit and I can spend the money saved on other things that I will see more benefit from.

I have found a 65" for £1290 so I think at this price it really makes sense. :)

Richdog

Ok I just managed to get a 65" for £1195... man electronics prices here in the land of cuckoo clocks are good. :eek:

I can buy a Denon AVR with HDMI 2.1 with the money saved not buying the 77". :D

Roedgroed78

Standard Member
Ok I just managed to get a 65" for £1195... man electronics prices here in the land of cuckoo clocks are good. :eek:

I can buy a Denon AVR with HDMI 2.1 with the money saved not buying the 77". :D
Wow, such a bargain! Here in Belgium the price of the 65CX has just come down to EUR 1,999 (£ 1,728), and I surprisingly can't find any offer under EUR 2,200 (£ 1,900) in France... How come it's as cheap as under EUR 1,400 in Switzerland???

Naafets88

Wow, such a bargain! Here in Belgium the price of the 65CX has just come down to EUR 1,999 (£ 1,728), and I surprisingly can't find any offer under EUR 2,200 (£ 1,900) in France... How come it's as cheap as under EUR 1,400 in Switzerland???
Check the website Platte TV, currently at €1799 + if you negotiate you'll get it for around 1500-1600€ ;)

The service you get is really good

Roedgroed78

Standard Member
Check the website Platte TV, currently at €1799 + if you negotiate you'll get it for around 1500-1600€ ;)

The service you get is really good
Thank you for the advice, but I'm a bit unsure (and my wife is even more) about purchasing such an expensive item from a Dutch online store we had never heard of a few months ago...

(funny to answer in English, but who else in here understands Dutch/Flemish? 🤣)

Naafets88

Thank you for the advice, but I'm a bit unsure (and my wife is even more) about purchasing such an expensive item from a Dutch online store we had never heard of a few months ago...

(funny to answer in English, but who else in here understands Dutch/Flemish? 🤣)
I bought all my TV's with them actually.. ALready got 3 replacements from the current one.

Check all the reviews also btw.. I won't recommend them if they were bad :D

Richdog

It's one of the cheapest places in the word for some kinds of electronics... low sales taxes I guess. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom