LG OLED65C8PLA GOES TO SLEEP, WITH DENON AVRX-2600H & HARMONY ELITE SET-UP

johjames

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an annoying issue with my home theatre set-up which, despite researching, I’ve been unable to find a solution for. I therefore hope that some of you here might be able to help me, your advice would be very welcome.
I have an LG OLED65C8PLA TV and a DENON AVRX-2600H receiver, connected via HDMI and controlled via a Harmony Elite remote. I also use a HTPC, along with watching content directly from the TV. If I pause the content I’m watching, regardless of the source, then after a while the TV turns itself off and goes into standby, whilst the receiver remains on. Auto Power Off is set to off and HDD Eco Mode is also Off. SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) is set to On and Auto Power Sync is set to On, although it does the same thing when it's set to Off. How do I stop the TV going into standby mode please? Thanks.

How long are we talking about when paused ?

Are you using Kodi, have you checked it's settings to see if its using CEC commands settings->system->input->peripherals

How long are we talking about when paused ?

Are you using Kodi, have you checked it's settings to see if its using CEC commands settings->system->input->peripherals
Thanks next010, it generally happens after about an hour. I'm not using Kodi, just a Mac Mini hooked up to the TV via the receiver. Any thoughts as to what else I might be able to do here please?

Thanks next010, it generally happens after about an hour. I'm not using Kodi, just a Mac Mini hooked up to the TV via the receiver. Any thoughts as to what else I might be able to do here please?

Well the TV powering off after 1 hour of being idle is a good thing, it is very bad for OLED's to be left idle for long periods of time, that is a sure fire way to image burn the screen & ruin it.

The receiver not powering off in sync may be an oversight/bug, perhaps the idle shut down system on the TV does not send the CEC command to power off so the receiver stays on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom