LG OLED65B16LA and Optical Sound Output

vpkadam

Novice Member
Hi All,

I bought LG OLED65B16LA recently and I usually use optical output from TV to my Bose Home Theatre system. But for some reason this doesn't work with this TV.
I have seen many posts about this on internet and tried many suggestions and contacted LG as well. They asked me to replace the TV which I did and still same problem.

I did all necessary setting like setting the sound out put to Wired Digital optical. Dolby digital, PCM, passthrough, etc. Tried many combinations but doesn't work. I am going to chase with LG again.

This is a very simple connection just connect the TV to Bose Home Theatre system using TOSLINK/Optical cable, change the TV output to Digital Optical and if needed change the settings to Dolby digital, pcm, etc.

Did anyone manged to get the optical sound output through recent LG tvs. Please explain all the steps with detail.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There are no special steps needed.
Set the TV Sound out to Optical, connect it to a working optical input on an amp/receiver/Soundbar and it should work.
What is your source…internal tuner or an external box of some kind?
Did you set the home theatre to the correct input?
Do you have other equipment with an optical output you can try into the Bose?

exbmu

Novice Member
Hey there, it is a problem that startet with the last update!! i Have also now those issues you describe, only a hard reset (plug out and wait 5mins) helps me out... why da f roll out an untestet firmware update lg?

Moro45

Same problem with my OLED65E8PLA. It had been working great for 3 years but suddenly my optical port is like dead. I've tried an hard reset and also restoring to factory default setting with no success

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom