• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question LG OLED55CX - just received, optimal settings?

chenks

Suspended
just received my LG OLED55CX and got it connected up.
i have my Nvidia shield Pro and Bluray player connected to my soundbar, and the soundbar connected to HDMI2 on the TV (eARC enabled on both TV and soundbar).
i use the shield for 99% of my viewing (plex, netflix, catchup apps etc).
control everything with a logitech harmony elite.

in plex (via shield) i am playing most content, up to and including 4K HDR10 bluray lossless rips. have tested a movie and the TV showed a notification saying HDR so guess it's detecting it all OK.

looking for the optimal settings to configure the TV with.
i have the picture mode set to FILMMAKER.
turned simplink/HDMI cec off
checked for a software update and it say no updates available - guess it shipped with the most current (03.00.70)
i'll probably never use any of the "smart" functions on the TV.

Last edited:

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
For SDR mode enable bfi in motion setting.

chenks

Suspended
What does that setting do?

mikej

chenks

Suspended

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

mikej

yeah i don't seem to have that setting?

All is explained in the rtings link above...

"The OLED Motion setting enables the CX's black frame insertion (BFI) feature. Enabling it activates the BFI feature at 60 Hz, which may bother some people. With this enabled, there will always be judder with 24p content. "

chenks

Suspended
not sure i would want judder with 24p content though.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom