LG OLED55CX HDMI- ARC issues

sparklymarkly

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 month old OLED55CX5 connected to a Denon sound bar via HDMI2 (arc).
It has worked perfectly (switches on & off and volume via TV remote) until the TV did one of it’s software updates a couple of weeks ago.
Now I can’t get the soundbar to work at all and I am stumped as to what to try next!
The usual “turn off the mains and back on again” didn’t work.
Disconnecting all the other HDMIs and reconnecting didn’t work.
I have already tried connecting using an optical cable - no good. ‘Optical plus TV speaker’ setting just works the TV speaker.
Tried swapping the HDMI cable for 3 different ones - no good. No sound whatsoever.
If set to HDMI-ARC, when I press the volume control I get a sort of ‘no waiting’ symbol on the screen.
The only way I can get any sound from the soundbar is to connect it by Bluetooth BUT there is massive audio lag and weirdly, when it’s connected that way, the setting for lip syncs greys out in the menu!
The sound bar is working perfectly itself - it’s paired to my Bluetooth turntable and works fine with that.
This has all happened since the software update so I’m guessing it’s something to do with that.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful as this is really bugging me now.
Thanks in advance.

Make a note of your existing tv settings and then reset it I guess.

Thanks Reecie
I was thinking about that.
I’m going to try one other thing - audio cable from TV headphone socket to sound ar just to see if that gives me anything at all. No idea what sound quality will be like but worth a go!
If not, reset it will be.

Make sure you are on the hdmi-arc input and then try:-
Settings
All settings.
Sound.
Additional settings.
Hdmi input audio format.
Try swapping between PCM and bitstream.

Also check:-
Connection.
Make sure Simplink and Auto power sync are active.

Thanks SSThing
So I tried a full reset and no joy.
Tried via an audio cable from headphone socket to soundbar and got some sound but not very loud.
Just seen your reply and when I go into the additional settings menu, the HDMI input audio format is greyed out so can’t change it!
I have tried changing the DTV Audio and Digital sound out to every different option but get no difference On any setting.
Simplink and Auto power synch and both active.
Stumped now!

Update!
Now got it working on ‘line out’ setting which allows proper volume from soundbar. It’s not ideal as the tv doesn’t switch the soundbar on and I have to use the soundbar’s own remote but it’s better than nothing,
This was all working fine until the tv updated itself. Now running version 03.23.35 if that means anything to anyone.

If you try to access the settings on the TV when it's in "Live TV" mode it will be greyed out.
If you switch to a hdmi input then go into the settings it should be available. If not, turn off eARC and Simplink, then have a look. But remember to activate them again once you have finished.

And, when changing anything that involves hdmi-cec (in its various guises) it's always best to change the settings then switch ALL devices off and then on again so that they can perform the "handshake" again to get everything working.

SSThing - you’re a star!
Didn’t realise that menu was greyed out when on live tv and it was when I was messing with it.
Retried using Humax box as input, reset to PCM, turned it all off and back on again and it works!!
All as it was - volume by tv remote & turns on and off together.
I am a happy bunny - thanks very much for your help,

Hi Sparklymarkly ,
Im really stucked on how i can enable arc mode , i m having thé same trouble with my oled Cx, with the symbol : no waiting
can u tell me how to do !?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom