For Sale LG OLED55C7 (price drop @ 13/09/2021)

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
* Sale on hold due to pending repair *

Condition : Very good - no marks visible on the screen or chassis. However one of the clips on the removable rear cable cover has broken meaning it doesn't attach properly; being at the rear of the TV it's out of sight in use.
Accessories : Comes with original remote and manual.
Ownership : Bought brand new by myself from Currys on 03/11/2017.
Warranty : 5 years from date of purchase. Apparently Currys' warranties are transferable (see posts #2 and #4 below) meaning this TV will be covered until 02/11/2022.
History : Repaired twice - (1) just after we bought it to replace the panel due to the "25%" problem; (2) main board replaced in August 2020 as the TV didn't want to power up any more. No other issues.
Reason For Sale : Rationalising equipment! It's still an excellent TV - so it's a shame to sell it - but as we now have a 65" LG OLED it has to go.

I have only included the one photo below (more as "proof of life" than anything) as I feel it's a pretty futile exercise trying to show how good the picture is and how well it performs when viewing RGB or grey slides as that will only expose how poor the camera is on my mobile and my lack of photography skills! If you want me to try and take some pictures of anything specific please let me know and I'll try my best.

However I am more than happy to provide a full demonstration and would highly recommend doing so. Please feel free to bring any demo material you'd like to see on the TV - we have a UHD player and a Roku Streaming Stick+.

N.B. : This is strictly collection only as I have no packaging and I would not be happy trusting this with a courier. And we have a Fiesta so I cannot bring it to you either!

Any questions please ask. :)

Please also have a look at my projector screen thread - and perhaps make an offer for everything!

LG OLED55C7V.jpg

OLED55C7V remote - front.jpg
OLED55C7V remote - rear.jpg

OLED55C7V remote - scuff.jpg

Dead Pixels.jpg

Price and currency
£450 (collected only)
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
BT, cash upon collection
Last edited:

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Reaction score
Curry's warranties are transferable 👍 glws.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
Curry's warranties are transferable 👍 glws.
In which case you know more than the person who "helped me" on a Currys (Don't KnowHow?) webchat the other day, but maybe that's not so surprising... :rotfl:

They seemed to think only the paid/extended warranties could be transferred but it sounds like they didn't know the correct info about the standard version.

Anyway - thank you very much! :thumbsup:

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Reaction score
No problem, I know as I bought a C9 off the forums and transferred it, just took a while to get responses from them

couch potato

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Can you confirm no screen burn through test screens you personally can see, if so i would offer £350 collected.

Last edited:

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
If you let me know which tests you'd like me to perform then I'm more than happy to do that and try to take some photos (although that will be limited by the capability of my mobile). It's too late to do it tonight but I'll endeavour to do it tomorrow.

However I'll politely refuse your offer as it's far too low. :)

XL5

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Reaction score
I understand camera limitations ..im no better, i once did it and was accused it had ghosting artifacts..it was my reflection in my wifes dressing gown..dont ask..lol
As such i will take your word no screen burn exists.
I have a way to travel but will go to £375.00 picked up.
If not i do understand.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
When I've looked before there is, to me, no sign of screen burn/image retention but I'd recommend anyone who comes to pick the TV up to have a demo to satisfy themselves - they'd be here anyway for collection so it'd make sense!

We are too still far apart on price though. Perhaps it's just my expectation of what it is worth - if you can point me to another sale thread on here where the same TV was sold then I'm happy to consider price matching. 😊

I also understand that you'd have to travel to collect it but unless you're driving something with a V12 or W16 then that's a big discount for petrol money... :rotfl: Out of interest where are you?

Russa

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Reaction score
I'll also offer £350, im not bothered about a demo, your feedback speaks for itself.

I know its lower than you think it's worth but its 4 years old and already been repaired twice. An E6 sold the other day for £415 which is a far better spec (distance ruled me out)

XL5

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Reaction score
When I've looked before there is, to me, no sign of screen burn/image retention but I'd recommend anyone who comes to pick the TV up to have a demo to satisfy themselves - they'd be here anyway for collection so it'd make sense!

We are too still far apart on price though. Perhaps it's just my expectation of what it is worth - if you can point me to another sale thread on here where the same TV was sold then I'm happy to consider price matching. 😊

I also understand that you'd have to travel to collect it but unless you're driving something with a V12 or W16 then that's a big discount for petrol money... :rotfl: Out of interest where are you?
Hi
Yeah its not the petrol so as much the time. At the moment I'm in market harborough and will take the chance on screen burn as again your feedback speaks volumes.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
I'll also offer £350, im not bothered about a demo, your feedback speaks for itself.

I know its lower than you think it's worth but its 4 years old and already been repaired twice. An E6 sold the other day for £415 which is a far better spec (distance ruled me out)
Sorry for slow response - busy day!

If you mean this E6 then I don't think it's a fair comparison as it's not the same model or generation, it's third-hand, it's a year older, has no warranty (Richer Sounds guarantees are not transferable as far as I know - but I stand to be corrected!), the remote is damaged and there's a scratch on the frame. Some, none or all of these points may or may not bother you of course. :)

I don't know much about the E6 but which specs are better than the C7, other than the soundbar and 3D capability (genuine question!)? Is the picture quality/processing better?

And yes ours has been repaired twice but it's still under warranty and it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to succumb to any further failures any more than any other TV. In fact it might actually be in a better state because of it!

Anyway as I've already refused an offer of £375 I think you know what my response to your bid of £350 will be. :D

Thanks for the interest though!

Last edited:

Russa

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. Yep that was the one I was comparing to. I had forgotten about the scratch on the frame, that would irritate me. Remote wouldn't bother me I use sky ones. Warranty wouldn't be an issue due to the support offered to the 6 series.

As far as I know differences between E and C is only the soundbar, same panel, processer etc.. The difference between the 6 an 7 however is sizable in my opinion.

Your local so at £350 id of taken a punt (Its for a spare bedroom). I'm sure you'll get some better offers in time. Oled is the way forward, even with the drawbacks. None of my Qleds come even close to my Oleds in terms of PQ.

elliott-cardiff

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reaction score
Hi Russa, Would you take £400 with pickup on saturday? I happen to be in Rugby that day so an extra 1 hour detour to your neck of the woods.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
Hi Russa, Would you take £400 with pickup on saturday? I happen to be in Rugby that day so an extra 1 hour detour to your neck of the woods.
Thanks for the offer - almost there, but not quite. :)

In the tried and tested AVF haggling tradition how about meeting, price-wise, somewhere in the middle?

Saturday would be fine for us too. You can have a cup of tea and a demo. Maybe a biscuit too.

Last edited:

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
I am happy to leave the offer of £400 on the table until Saturday but it is my best offer.
Noted, and thank you for your interest! :D:thumbsup:

Let's see what happens, if anything, in the next day or so. Can't find a tumbleweeds emoji... :rotfl:

Last edited:

JonnyO

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Reaction score
No current issues with the TV? Is the remote in good condition?

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Reaction score
No current issues with the TV? Is the remote in good condition?
No issues with the TV that I can see but it's always a good idea as a (potential!) buyer to have a look and make sure you're happy with it too.

I've used the remote maybe only a couple of times - right after we bought the TV and then programmed the Harmony - so it's in good condition, but not mint. Having just retrieved it from the drawer'o'remotes I can see that there's a small scuff on the rear. This has now annoyed me as I try to keep all of my kit in pristine condition!

I've added photos of the remote to the original post. The first image of the front of the remote looks like it has a scratch but it's just the way the light has caught the curved inset piece.

Also - the manual referenced in the first post is a slim reference guide. The full blown tome can be downloaded from LG's website:

Last edited:

XL5

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Reaction score
No issues with the TV that I can see but it's always a good idea as a (potential!) buyer to have a look and make sure you're happy with it too.

I've used the remote maybe only a couple of times - right after we bought the TV and then programmed the Harmony - so it's in good condition, but not mint. Having just retrieved it from the drawer'o'remotes I can see that there's a small scuff on the rear. This has now annoyed me as I try to keep all of my kit in pristine condition!

I've added photos of the remote to the original post. The first image of the front of the remote looks like it has a scratch but it's just the way the light has caught the curved inset piece.

Also - the manual referenced in the first post is a slim reference guide. The full blown tome can be downloaded from LG's website:
The remote for most would be described as mint, its in lovely nick so i imagine the tv will be the same.
I just can't get over at the moment due to work commitments..being self employed can be a pain...

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+