Question LG oled55b9 - not always turning on, white horizontal line going downwards when switching on

blofse

Hi, I've got a strange problem with my 3month year old oled. Lately I noticed when turning on, I have a white line which scrolls down the screen, then the TV turns on. However today, the TV would not even turn on, it clicks, red light flashes, white line scrolls down the screen, then TV turns off.

I'm pretty sure this is a power issue as I have removed all hdmi cables and TV antenna, plugged into the main wall direct, then left a while standby, which then allowed me to turn the TV on. I also then tried plugging back in hdmi 2 for my avr for arc, using a different plug for the avr - and after a few times of it auto powering off it eventually came on.

I haven't seen this on other forums but maybe I'm not searching for the right terms. Has anyone else seen this issue? Can you comment on what the issue could be?

Interesting I have LG coming Monday to fix an issue with the screen where I have got a horizontal faded bar on the left hand side of the screen, which LG are going to replace the panel. They insisted I can still use my TV however could the two issues be related? If so, why is the problem of not being able to turn on intermittent and seemingly got worse?

Finally if the recommendation is to replace the TV, what are my rights in the UK? Richer sounds are only promising a repair as it's after 90 days, however I think my consumer rights mean if anything happens within 6months of purchase that I have a right to demand a replacement. Am I correct there or is repair the only way to go?

Thank you for reading and I look forward to any help I might receive

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom